I dropped the kids off at school and then I headed to the clinic.

I parked in my usual spot and went in.

My first few patients don't come in for another hour so I sat in my office and talked to Tierra and Deja.

Tierra: You're finally getting your boy.

Me: Yeah. I am.

Deja: Bri, you're still feeling depressed aren't you?

Me: No. I'm not depressed. I just wasn't expecting my life to turn out like this. I thought I was going to spend the rest of my life with Arman and then here comes Char, changing everything.

Tierra: Do you regret your actions?

Me: I do and I don't. I don't like the way that I went about it. I hurt Arman and that was the last thing I ever wanted to do. Right before he found out I was having an affair, Char asked me had I told him. I told him not yet and that I didn't plan on doing it anytime soon. That was my biggest mistake. I should have told Arman that I wasn't happy in our marriage from the jump. I shouldn't have dragged it, stringing him on along the way. He's a good man and he didn't deserve that at all. That's my biggest regret.

Deja: Well, its good to see you not be depressed anymore.

Tierra: So, how are the kids settling in at the new house?

Me: They're all settling in good. I thought they were going to have a hard time adjusting but they're not. Char is good with kids too. They all seem to be getting along great.

Tierra: That's good. Have you introduced Char to your parents?

Me: We're supposed to be going over for them to meet him tonight.

Deja: Good luck. Uncle don't like him already and he ain't even met him yet.

Me: I think he'll warm up to him. Char is a really nice guy. He is so sweet and caring. I think they'll get over what happened when we first got together.

We finished talking and then I had to meet with my clients.

I only had 3 for the day and then I was able to go home.

I was heading home when I got a call from the school.

I answered on the Bluetooth in my car.

Me: Hello?

School: Yes. Is this Ms. King, Jalen's mother?

Me: Yes I am. What's going on?

School: Jalen was involved in a confrontation with another student. Apparently, they had been having some issues and many witnesses say that Jalen had been bullying the other student and today, that student snapped and they began to fight.