Emma and Those Other Guys (One Direction Fan Fiction)

"No," I state. 

"Oh please, Emma? Please, please, please!," Stacy begs me. I will not give in this time. I have to stay strong. 

"No," I repeat. 

"But you're my best friend!," she whines. "You're supposed to do these things with me!" 

"Why can't you take Luna with you?," I ask her, getting irritated. 

"It won't be the same with Luna!" 

Okay, the deal is Stacy, my best friend (though I'm thinking of revoking her of that position right about now), wants me to go with her to a One Direction concert. 

You know One Direction, that British boy band that makes every regular teenage girl go weak in the knees. And here in Miami, Florida, they are having a big concert tomorrow night. 

I can't say I have anything against One Direction, but I seriously practically heard of them, like, a week ago. Though I think Stacy gushed about them for the past few years, but probably along with Justin Bieber and Maroon Five, etc., etc., so on and so forth. Let's just say it goes into one ear and out the other. 

I would go to this concert with Stacy if I would actually hear some good music. You know, like the Black Veil Brides. Now that's a high quality band to gush over. But One Direction... they're too preppy. All I'm saying is that they need a reality check. They were on X-Factor, they didn't win, so how did they get all famous? Oh yeah, they're super hot and they're British. Nope, that's not stereotypical and cliche at all. 

Note the sarcasm. 

I'll probably forget who One Direction is in an hour anyway...

"I don't really care," I say truthfully. "Luna actually likes that band and you have tickets. You guys get along great, so what's the problem again?" 

"I wanna go with you Emma," she says. I groan in annoyance. 

I really have no idea how Stacy and I are best friends. She's all preppy and girly and loves to do girly stuff. I'm practically emo. I don't like people, or any interactions with people, really. If you look at me and Stacy, you would see us as Yin and Yang, total opposites.  

"Ugh, fine!," I say in defeat. I let out a huge groan but Stacy just squeals -very loudly I might add- and gives me a big hug. I squirm out of her hold; I'm not big on hugs. 

"Yes!," she exclaims. We're in her room, which is kind of giving me the creeps. It's all pink with pictures of boy bands and celebrities everywhere. Its a nightmare... But an average teenage girl's dream. 

Stacy goes over to her bed and starts jumping up and down on it, kissing her ceiling. 

Oh yeah, there's a giant poster of One Direction up there. 

"I'm gonna see them in real life, Emma!," she exclaims. "And Harry is gonna take one look at me in the crowd and our eyes will connect..." She gets a dreamy look on her face. "Once he sees me, he'll fall in love immediately, and then we'll get married and have mini-Harrys and mini-Stacys!" 

"Oh, God, kill me now...," I mumble, but Stacy ignores me and continues with her mini-celebration. 

"Oh, my gosh...," she freezes. "What the hell am I gonna wear?!" 

I watch as Stacy jumps off her bed and starts to tear apart her colorful closet. 

"Hm...," she mumbles. "Should I go cute...? Or maybe sexy! Wait... Maybe I'll be like a casual girl who Harry will think is different and he'll like me because of that."