𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐚 𝐆𝐢𝐥𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐭 - 𝐏𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞

Originally posted by coolchaosqueen

   —————————————————You weren't the most productive of people

—————————————————
You weren't the most productive of people. It was a big enough of an ordeal to have actually moved into a new house, you first house with your girlfriend, let alone unpack all of your shared belongings and turn the house into your home. It felt impossible, especially seen as you were getting distracted by every item you found meaning you weren't getting too much done. Elena was fine with doing her share in unpacking clothing and organising it into your wardrobes, however you had found some personal effects that were far more interesting than getting stuff done.
Whilst you got distracted by what lay before you, Elena had crept up behind you to rest her hands to your upper arms and press a soft kiss to your cheek.
"What are you looking at that is far more important than actually unpacking?" She laughed.
You held up the small strip of images to allow Elena to clearly see what you were distracted by.
"God we look hideous," she stated scrunching up her face.
Elena shifted so that she was knelt beside you with one arm held around your waist as she looked at the picture in your hand.
"It was a bit of a mess of a date," you said.
The pictures in your hand was a strip from a photo booth that the two of you had been in on your first date to commemorate such a wonderful day.
Sadly the whole thing was a bit of a mess really, you enjoyed it and you were glad to be with the woman you were still in love with but the actual event didn't go as planned.
It had poured down with rain, and the restaurant had double booked you meaning you were left without anywhere to go, so that's how you ended up stumbling across the arcades which had a photo booth in.
The pictures clearly showed the mess that had happened. Seen as there were four of them, it showed the clear progress from you needing to sneeze meaning you pulled an awful face which lead to you sneezing and in reaction hitting Elena in the face. Due to this one of the photos showed her in immense pain whilst the last showed you attempting to help her sort out the blood.
Originally you'd planned to throw out the hellish photographs, but really they depicted the terrible day that had started a perfect relationship, that you could never wish for more of.
Elena pecked your cheek again, holding you closer to her.
"It was a disaster, but it did mean that everything from that was taking a step in a better direction," she said softly.
"At least we made a very vivid memory."