People Who Hate Homosexuals

I am going to get so much hate for this but I'm ready for it. It really needs to be said.

IF YOU HATE HOMOSEXUALS FOR ANY REASON AT ALL (I.E. RELIGIOUS, PERSONAL, OR ANY OTHER TYPE OF BELIEF YOU HAVE), YOU ARE AN ASSHOLE.

Your religion does not affect my love life, and it shouldn't. I get this so much, and it's insane. "Well, I don't support gays because of my religion-" STOP. STOP. JUST STOP. I DON'T CARE ABOUT WHAT YOU PRACTICE. YOU ARE SAYING THAT YOU DON'T SUPPORT TWO PEOPLE WHO ARE IN LOVE BECAUSE OF A BOOK THAT WAS WRITTEN AND TRANSLATED OVER A HUNDRED TIMES. STOP. FUCKING STOP. 

I am not saying that you can't practice your religion. You can do whatever the fuck you want! I don't care! But every religion has had things we change over time. A good religion adapts with the times, and homosexuality is something that needs to change. I've met many religious people who support homosexuality, but just as many who don't. 

Your religion is not an excuse for being an asshole. Stop saying that it is. I don't even care that much if you privately disagree with how I live my life. Look, whatever goes on in your head is yours. Do whatever the fuck you want. Stab me over and over. It's not illegal. But when you start voicing your opinion (loudly, as is mostly the case on this issue), I have the freedom to voice mine (also loudly). Your religion does not win the argument.

Fun fact: Do you know how many rapes there were in the Bible? Over four hundred recorded rapes. Know how many were shamed on? Somewhere around fucking zero. Know why? Because rape used to super cool! It was like a new dance, everyone was doing it.  But now, in modern times, we realize that shit is super uncool. Why can't this be the case with homosexuality? 

I'm not claiming to be some sort of Bible/Q'uran/any other religious text expert. I haven't read all of them. I've barely touched the Bible (though I have read about a quarter of the Hebrew Bible. I like it. Also haven't seen anything about homosexuality!). But I shouldn't have to be a religious expert to argue for human rights. The fact that I haven't read all of the Bible is fucking irrelevant here. Even if every sentence says "Oh yeah also gays are the worst," that doesn't make you right. 

In conclusion: People who claim that religion and a belief in a high power is more important than human rights are wrong. Flat out wrong. Religious people who are in support of human rights are awesome. Go you. I wish everyone was like you.