102. A little bit of limbo.

Comincia dall'inizio

"Perfect timing." He eyed her again, his smile telling her that he liked what he saw. "You look amazing."

"Thank you." She looked shyly down at the floor.

"Let's go." He twirled the car key around his finger again and she couldn't help but notice the Ferrari logo on it. Opening the door he held it and stepped aside for her to let her step outside first, his smile getting bigger as he heard her gasp when she saw the car, the Ferrari California, the first car he'd taken her out in back in December last year.

"Oh my god! I'd almost forgotten that you'd got this car!"

"Have I got that many cars that you forget what ones I've got?" He asked as he shut and locked the door, amused by her remark.

"You do have quite a collection." She opened the passenger side door as soon as he'd unlocked it and waited until they were both seated before she spoke again, grinning as she heard the engine start up. "This is the car you used when you took me out that night in December, when I first got the job."

"It is." He nodded as they pulled away from the house and headed down the long drive to the large wooden gate that helped to shield his home from prying eyes. "Seems a very long time ago now."

"Yeah, a lot has happened since then." She watched as the gate opened for them as if by magic when in reality it was a button on a remote that he'd pressed.

"Good and bad." He commented thoughtfully.

"Let's not dwell too much, not tonight." She replied, quickly feeling emotional, she turned the car stereo on and connected her phone to it. She knew what was already going through his mind.

"I'll only dwell on the good stuff." He accelerated as they got out onto the road. "Like how I was already attracted to you that first evening."

"You fancied me as quick as that?" She left her phone in the tray in the centre console as her music began to play.

"It was your legs that did it for me, though if I'm honest I liked what I saw the first second I saw you." He smiled to himself as he remembered first seeing her in his gym when Britta had introduced them and how he'd swiftly told Antti that she was off limits to him.

"I do remember those roving eyes of yours, checking me out, eye fucking. You still do it now."

"Can you blame me? You're beautiful, I'll never be able to stop." He placed his hand on her thigh, just above her knee, a mistake because he instantly wanted to slide his hand up further to caress her.

"So where are you taking me?" She asked. He glanced at her, knowing that she was purposely changing the subject.

"You'll see soon enough." He removed his hand and turned the music up before accelerating some more, making the car fly along the quiet country road, smiling as he heard her let out a small excited squeal as the car's power pressed her back into her seat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chloe stopped and stood in front of the car as she looked up at the quaint, traditional looking Swiss cottage that Seb had brought them to. The light was fading as the sun was setting and the lights on inside the restaurant gave it a warm and inviting looking glow. She remembered this place, the last time she'd been here it had been surrounded by a blanket of snow and had looked like an image straight off of a Christmas card. It looked as romantic now with the autumn colours starting to appear on the trees that surrounded it as it did back then.
"Recognise it?" Seb stood next to her.

"Of course I do." She looked at him and then back at the cottage in front of her. "Back where it all began." She whispered as a whole host of emotions began to swirl around her. Bringing her to the restaurant he'd taken her to when they'd first met and using the same car, it was obvious what he was doing; revisiting those first moments with her, stirring up memories and feelings, making her remember how she'd first fallen for him. She loved it already, it was such a simple thing but at the same time it was the sweetest thing he could have done for her, given their current situation and it meant a lot.