"messed me up" - (au)

hi! i haven't published oneshots in quite a while, since february actually, as adorablegeorge noticed.. but i have this one i can publish now. it ain't the best and it was supposed to have two parts but writing the second part was a huge fail which is why i never published this. please bear with me lol :)

Reece's POV

"Turn that off", I hiss from the backseat, making both of my friends turn around.

"Woah, tiger", says Blake. "I'll change the radio station."

"Do it!", I order and stare out of the window again.

"Reece, what's wrong with you? You've been like this for weeks and you won't tell us what's wrong! We're worried", Bailee sends me a sympathetic smile.

I roll my eyes. "Cute of you but no."

"You didn't come to our typical movie night last Friday! There's obviously a reason. Tell us", she pleads. "We could help you."

"No. Blake, when are we there so your girlfriend stops bothering me?", I ask.

He laughs. "Five minutes. But seriously mate. You should tell us."

"I said no. I feel like it's already pretty much that I agreed to go out with you guys", I give back.

"It's just going to the bar! It's nothing special", Blake says. "What's the big deal, Reece?"

"When are the five minutes over?", I ask.

Blake sighs. "It's only one turn left. We hope you tell us when you feel like it. We want to help you."

"Well, thank you", I hiss. "I can't be helped with this."

It's silent while Blake parks the car and we get out. I send him an apologetic smile, and he just nods. He knows I'm not good, so he'll understand although I'm not telling him what's up. I just can't be bothered to tell the whole story of George and me. It's pathetic. I fall in love once, once in my life and he rejects me by hitting me with a "let's just be friends." It's ridiculous. I don't know why, I tried my best. I couldn't believe when he said that. And now I'm trying to act like nothing's wrong, but I'm terribly failing. I can't even stand the love songs on the radio.

I enter the bar after Blake and Bailee, and sit across of them at the table. We all order the typical beer, and when it arrives I stare down into my glass while Blake and Baile softly talk.

This is how the first half of the evening passes - I sit and stare, they talk. Until I flinch at a name out of Bailee's mouth, and I freeze in shock.

"George! Haven't seen you in weeks. How have you been doing?", she says, standing up and pulling the blond guy into a hug. We all met him at a party, and he was basically part of our group until I fell for him, told him and got my rejection.

I had so much hope. He was the one for me. I knew it. He was perfect in every way. And I thought he felt the same way, because there had been a few times we had been close, kissing, making out...

Now I'm sitting here in this bar, staring into his eyes as he stares back.

"Hi", I press out, trying to cover up in front of Bailee and Blake.

"Hey, Reece", he says.

He's looking good. He's dressed nicely, has his hair done. I force myself to take my eyes off him. I need to be alright.

"So what're you doing here?", asks Blake.

"Well, I was here with Ryan", George says and I look back up to see his eyes sparkle. "He's currently on the toilet, I'll introduce you all when he's back."