Something breaks in his gaze, and he’s back.  “Really?  You’ll go with me?”

“Yes.  I was scared before, but I’m not now.  I want you and I want freedom.”

“You know, there’s no night clubs or food apps in the Wild,” says Onrhi, a slight grin twitching his mouth up.  “No limos or man-maids either.”

“Seriously, Onrhi, how spoiled do you think I… wait, did you say no limos?  Where am I meant to seat my entourage then?”  I pull him down to my lips as he laughs.  The kiss feels significant, the sealing of a pact, the end of my world here and the beginning of something bigger.

Onrhi picks me up and whirls me around and in my blurred vision, the white walls of the Palace blend with the bright green of the park and the vivid blue of the water.  Parliament can’t compete with the colours of the Wild I’m headed for.

 ________________________

There are so many details to be worked out.  Onrhi’s earlier proposal is thin on foundation, and together we try to concrete in the gaps.  Night creeps over the city and the lurid lights seem too bright compared with the gentle dusk of the park.

Outside Onrhi’s building, we stop.  He looks up to the small patch of sky between buildings, the clouds pale.  “You wait until you see the sun set into the ocean,” he breathes.  “Or watch how big the moon gets when you’re in the desert.” 

He crushes me to him, his lips hot and fierce on mine, his tongue tasting me.  Aflame, I melt on the sidewalk.  He could take me right here and I wouldn’t blink.  “I want to show you the whole world,” he says, sliding his lips around and nibbling my ear.

“I want that.  I want you.”  Onrhi tugs my earlobe with his teeth and I whimper, needy for more.  “Can you come over later tonight?”

I press my hip gently between his legs, feeling his hardness pressing back.  Onrhi moans.  “I’ll be there.”

My fingers massage the back of his head, while his push into the back pockets of my jeans.  Somebody wolf-whistles at us and we break apart, laughing.  Onrhi grabs my hand and leads me into the lobby, not letting go to even press the button for the elevator.  I’ve become every infatuated cliché I’ve ever read about, and I don’t care.

While we steal our final few moments alone in the elevator, a thought jumps out at me.  “Wait, the whole city knows that you and I are sleeping together.  What do your parents think?”

“Umm…”  Onrhi blushes.  “I told them the good Queen Janique may have sequestered my body for now, but my heart belongs to the amazing…”  He kisses my neck and I shudder.  “…Sexy…”  Another kiss on the other side.  “…And utterly devastating Wred.”

The elevator pings at his floor and I drag him into the corridor, panting and frustrated.  For all the sex we’ve had, I don’t think I’ve really gotten there yet.  It’s been mind-blowing, but I think there’s still something left to discover. 

Onrhi must know it too.  He presses me to the wall outside his door and rubs my nipple gently with his thumb.  “Go home and run a bath.”

“What?  Why?”

“I want you to lie in a hot bath and clean yourself…”  He slips his fingers between my thighs and I gasp, clutching his shirt.  “…Everywhere.  And while you’re soapy and slippery, I want you to think of me.”

“Okay,” I whisper, intelligent response beyond me at this point.

“I want you to stay in that bath until I get there.  Then I’m going to lift you out and rub you down with a soft towel.”  Onrhi flattens his ham-sized hands out and vigorously buffs at my clothes.  Through the fabric, goose bumps burst out all over my skin.