Hideyoshi Toyotomi x Reader - "Illusioned Cheater"

Start from the beginning

"I-I need to go," the girl stood up and rushed outside, not wanting to show a slowly growing smile on her face.

Her body leaned against the screen as soon as it shut close. The faintest of chuckles escaped her before she walked back towards Hideyoshi's mansion.

It was past midday and there was a very high chance that he was heading home as well, maybe their paths would meet?

****

Hideyoshi could practically feel himself falling asleep as he walked through the market, giving a lazy smile to the women that turned to look his way.

"Good afternoon Hideyoshi!"

"Would you like some tea?"

"It's been a while, have you received my letter?"

"We should catch up sometimes, it's been too long!"

As much as he appreciated how interested the women were in getting to know him, he just wanted to get into bed and cuddle with (Y/N).

"Hello, Hideyoshi," a close voice snapped him out of his dream.

"Hm? Oh, good day," he greeted the maid that was also heading to the mansion. She walked beside him, starting up conversation.

"You don't mind if I join you, do you?" the woman gave a curt bow. As much as he hated to admit it, he really wanted to walk alone just to make a beeline to his mansion and back to the love of his life, but he couldn't be impolite.

"Of course," he offered her a small smile and the pair walked in silence for a bit.

When the man would be rejuvenated, he would scold himself for not having tried to make conversation -- even just not wanting to speak to anyone on his way home.

"Sooo, erm," she cleared her throat as the gates came into view, "do you have a lot of work? You deserve a day off,"

"That's sweet of you, but I need to keep doing my duty to serve my Lord," the vassal voiced.

"Oh, I see, well, I hope you manage to make time for yourself, and maybe we could see each other again?" the question seemed suspiciously forceful, but he was tired, of course it was his imagination.

After more lopsided conversation: the maid rambling on and Hideyoshi, despite paying attention, nodding and agreeing with what she had to say -- they arrived at the grand doors leading inside the manor.

Since she came from the west wing of the castle, (Y/N) held a few rolls of fabric in her arms, a few hallways away from them that gave into an interior pond -- and she needed to walk right past them to get back to their room.

"Well, I'm guessing this is where we part," Hideyoshi scratched his neck, not knowing what to do.

"Yeah, I guess," her eyes fell to the floor for a second before she stared into his deeply. The sound of footsteps grew and quickly, she cupped his jaw and pressed her lips to his.

Despite his exhaustion, he was quick to react, gripping one of her shoulders, not enough to hurt her but sufficiently for him as he peeled her off harshly.

It wasn't fast enough however, (Y/N) was frozen at the end of the hallway, mouth slightly agape and eyes full of shock as she nearly dropped what she was holding.

"See you soon, Hideyoshi," the maid walked away, having locked eyes with the couple.

The man gulped, understanding precisely what it would have looked to her.

"(Y/N)," he called out. As soon as he uttered her name, however, she had rushed away, completely vanishing.

*****