𝐓𝐰𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞

The rest of the school day went as normal

The rest of the school day went as normal. There were no interruptions in between classes or during my planning period. It was only the good silence I needed to get caught up with my assignments that were turned in from last week.

After school was when it became eventful. Detention was on my to do list and I was longing to see Billy for the second time that day. After what he promised in my classroom earlier, the unsettling feeling in my stomach had diminished. I was back to my contented self but the nagging thought in the back of my head didn't stop. I still told myself to watch out and be careful when I was around Billy.

For detention I hoped we would be alone for the two hours we were together for, but when I arrived I saw that I had another student in with me and Billy. I wanted to do something about this arrangement just so I could have some private time with Billy, but I knew my responsibilities were more important. I would've done anything to get this one out of my hair since I had this urge to kick her out and tell her to go home. With every thought in my head, I listened to my good ones and made my way through it.

Billy and I started to talk as if nothing happen the day prior. We merely carried on about the story plot of Pride and Prejudice after reading the first few chapters together.

After some time of discussing about twelfth grade English, I looked over my shoulder and notice the student was sleeping on their desk in the back of the classroom. I felt a small smile creep on my lips as I looked to the clock and noticed the time.

I looked back to Billy, who had an obvious drained look to his face. "I think we can take a quick break." I muttered, being quiet for the student who was asleep.

Billy shared a tired grin then gestures to the back of the room with his hand. "What about him?" He whispered.

I shrugged. "He seems fine. Besides detentions almost over in thirty minutes."

I carefully removed myself from the desk in front of him and walked towards the door. When I reached it I looked to him as he hesitated, but obliged when he got up from his desk and followed me out the door.

Everything was silent. The halls were empty and the only thing that could be heard was the ticking of the clocks that were above every other classroom door.

"Do ya know if anyone's here?" He asked as we walked at each other's side.

My eyes scanned the hall while I was deep in thought. "Only a few that I know of. Coach Dixon's here practicing with the baseball team outside."

"So what I'm hearing is the gyms free?" He asked with a glimmer of hope in his voice.

"Possibly." I replied.