Chapter 1

"You alright there, Domi? You're stomach has been growling for the past twenty minutes and we've been here for thirty," Faith laughed, nudging her shoulder.

"Hey. You're the one who wanted Edom and I to come to the mall, of all places, so early in the morning. I didn't get to eat a proper breakfast," Domi huffed, nudging Faith back with a look of fake annoyance on her face.

"It's three o'clock, Dom," Edom pitched in, squeezing Domi's new formed red cheeks.

"S'fine." Faith adjusted the headphone in her right ear, putting the volume up a tad. "Maybe we should eat something so we don't pass out or some shit."

Her friends nodded in agreement and made their way past a lot of groups of people and tried to look for a table in the food court. Faith looked around in hopes to see a Taco Bell or maybe even a bakery type place, but all she got was a Burger King and sighed.

"Burger King, yeah? It's the only thing we like here," Edom said. She takes the words right out of Faith's mouth. It's cool, really.

"Yeah. I'll order what you guys usually get and hey, don't worry about paying, I got it. Dom's right, I did bring you guys for my own lame purposes so." Faith took out her wallet from her small purse and stood up from the table.

"You sure? I was joking, babes, love hanging out with you even if it's for your lame purposes," Domi smiled, pulling out a couple dollars.

Faith turned around and walked away slowly, looking back and saying, "Sorry I can't hear you! I'm already there about to order! No turning back."

"You're, like, two feet away."

Faith waved and smiled, actually making it to the line a minute later and looking up at the menu. Then, she felt someone looking at her.

Without fully turning her head to the side, she did a subtle glance at the direction she felt the stare and is met with a boy. Her eyes wide, she looked straight and averted her eyes to the ground. Faith let out a breath she was holding and blinked a few times.

She turned her head and found him looking at her again. Faith didn't look away this time, she held his gaze and kept it with her. It was held between them and from her line to his, he had beautiful eyes and a beautiful face and a beautiful smile he gave to her in that second. He was beautiful.

Faith ignored the tightening in her chest and lightly smiled back. There was a faint noise she heard, only going through one ear and out the other. Her headphone playing music and the blood rushing through her ears probably didn't help, but the tapping on her shoulder did.

"Uh, you're next to order," a woman said, pointing towards the register.

"Yeah, um. Yeah, sorry." Faith completely broke her gaze with the boy and ordered for her friends. She got herself fries and a soda while she was at it and waited to the side for their order to be ready. Sweat was gathering at the sol of her palms in trying not to look at him. If she does, there's no saying she'd have a heart attack.

Okay. Maybe not a heart attack, but.

"Order 73! This you, black shirt?" A worker asked, holding the tray up.

"Yeah, thanks. Have a good day."

She walked towards her table and made sure not to roam her eyes again. She passed the tray to her friends and sat down, taking a fry to her mouth.

"Alright, Faith? Look like you've seen a ghost," Edom asked. She chuckled a bit when Domi agreed and took a sip of her soda, pinching Faith's cheek in attempt to put some color on her face.