Chapter 5: The Mountain of Spiders || 第5章

(Your name) ascend through the mountain, while running, she saw a familiar fellow running from the far distance of the mountain's pathway. She tried calling out of him, but he seems not to hear it. The iron pillar sighs as the figure disappear along the way.

Passing by trees by trees, she couldn't see any single demon around. She stops her tracks and scans around the area. She then closes her eyes to concentrate and feel their aura. After for quite some time of nothingness, she finally feels the demons aura.

They are all separated from each other. All of them are all-powerful, they are giving off dangerous energy, no wonder the Mizunoto ranked demon slayers can't kill them quickly. But, one of them stands out; he was different than the rest of the demons around.

'That demon...' She must kill that demon before he could kill another human.

(Your name) went to the direction of the demon that stood out and saw a lot of dead bodies of the demon slayers laying around. She stares at them in a sad look as she keeps running.

The iron pillar senses another aura that was running towards her; it's a demon. She stopped for the moment and waited for that creature's arrival.

The demon encountered a human lady standing beside the trees, and it seems like she is waiting for something but realizes who she is waiting for. The demon is a female who had white skin, white hair, and red spots on her head; she wears a white kimono with the design of a cobweb.

'A spider?'

"You..? You were waiting for me, weren't you?" The demon growled and gritted her teeth.

"Isn't it obvious?" The iron pillar replies.

The demon clicks her tongue and released a cobweb on her fingers. She slashes the spider's web to the human across her but the iron pillar went to the side and dodges her attack. The webs hit the tree and cutting it off.

"Woah there missy." The human lady said, "You seem desperate to kill me rather than eat me, why is that?"

"Shut up! You know nothing!" The demon shouts as sweat can be seen on her face and keep slashing the webs at the human, the attack is useless since the pillar keeps dodging it.

"You're not going anywhere if you keep doing that." The human said as she smirks. The white-haired girl stops moving for a moment.

'hmm..? Why did she stop?' The iron pillar questioned to herself, not knowing the answer, she waited to attack her again.

Suddenly. the demon started laughing, "Y-You won't escape this time." and keeps the grin on her face. The pillar who wears the gray pinwheel kimono focuses herself.

"Oh yeah?" The human's surrounding turns into a thousand of spider's webs, trapping her from the inside. (Your name) pulls out her katana and swings it, cutting off all the webs.

"N-No way?!" The demon screams in misery, "T-that was my tramp card, no one has ever escape on my attack! I-if I don't kill her, he-he will...." and looks on the ground in defeat. She seems scared of something.

The pillar stared at her, "Should I put your misery to end?"

"W-wait!" She screams as the pillar dashes herself towards her. "Please!"

"Too late." The human said before cutting her head as it falls on the ground, she didn't even break a sweat. She looks at the demon's face and was shock by what she saw. The demon was smiling at her in satisfaction and said, "Thank you.."