Chapter Two

Y/n's POV
I trudged through the darkness, pushing away the black vines. I wiped my nose, blood stained on my sleeve since the first time I used my powers.

I have been trying for hours. Trying to get out of this hell hole. I'm sick of it.

I opened the door to Will's house, staring off into the emptiness.

Maybe there was a way I could communicate with them...

I looked around for something I could use. I gasped, realizing what I could do. I ran upstairs to the bathroom and turned on the sink.

Hopefully they can hear the sink running...

I went into Jonathan's room, noticing some red lipstick on the floor. Probably from that one time Nancy came over. They really aren't slick, if you know what I mean.

I grabbed the lipstick tube and ran back into the bathroom.

Hearing a screeching noise, my stomach dropped as I quickly wrote on the mirror with the lipstick.

I decided to keep the sink water on because there was no way I was going to pass up the chance of getting Will or Joyce or anyone to come. Footsteps crept up the stairs and I hid behind the shower curtain.

Typical, I know.

I closed my eyes, praying the demogorgon, or whatever was out there, wouldn't come any closer.

"Y/n?"

I looked up, startled.

Tears filled my eyes as Will stood in front of me.

"Will? I—"

"I'll get you out of there, y/n. I promise you. I'll even go there myself if I have to because—"

"What? No. I won't let you come here. I-I can figure out a way to get out on my own."

"But y/n—"

"Will, I don't want you to get hurt."

"Well, I don't want you to get hurt," Will mumbled as tears began streaming down his face.

"Will..." I sobbed as I hugged him. "I-I don't want...I can't...if I could just—"

He shushed me, messing with my hair a bit. "Its okay y/n. Y-You'll get out of there soon. I know you will."

He pulled away, laughing slightly as he shook his head.

"What's so funny?"

"Just when we thought things were normal again..."

"I know...and I'm so so sorry, Will," I mumbled, looking down.

"Its not your fault, y/n. I just wish—"

Low growling cut him off. He looked at me, panicked.

"Y/n!" Will whispered, his eyes wide.

"I-I'll be okay, but Will, you gotta wake up now. Come on, please," I muttered, shaking him.

"Y/n, I—"

"Wake up, please," I said, crying softly.

The footsteps got closer, the creature's long nails scratching against the tile.

"Please..."

With that, Will disappeared, meaning he had woken up from the episode. Just then, the horrid creature clawed at the shower curtain, tugging it down.

I screamed as it jumped into the bathtub.