Hamam Karn (Gundam)

Haman Karn

Gundam

Non-Lemon

The war was long.

Despite the presumed safety of the machine you operated, along with your teammates and the promise of a better future, you could not remove yourself from the sole, single revelation that the One Year War felt like an eternity, with the future you were promised never passing, and you alone, running from both country and enemy.

Upon the defeat of the Principality Of Zeon, you saw little hope for mercy under the Earth Federation, and with a heavy heart, yet an unshakable determination to survive, abandoned your post on a supply route in space, and through connections with smugglers, hid deep in the arid deserts of the Sahara, on earth, along with your mobile suit.

The mobile suit in question was a standard Zaku II modified for mobility and long range combat, suited for your position as a marksman on the supply line you were stationed at.

You managed to make a makeshift home inside the cockpit of your mobile suit, modifying the inside to battle the heat and sustain food, along with small crops and water sources hidden in an oasis which you used as a secondary base.

Years went by, your once clean shaven face now ragged with a long beard and unkempt hair, your suit scratched with scars and dirt, you both losing the luster that you once had.

Contact with other people was minimal, as you preferred, only trading with nearby villages and working small security jobs for traders wanting safe passage along the desert.

Though it wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility to lose some bit of sanity at the prolonged isolation, you found companionship in your suit, and a jackal cub you adopted, which you named Char, after a close friend whom, from your knowledge, was killed in combat.

And there was the nights, unlike the days that were scorching hot, were freezing cold, though your suit provided a natural warmth from it's generator.

It was on a particular cold night that a figure in a heavy cloak approached your suit, and upon seeing the figure closer, saw a familiar pink hair under her hood as you sat on the shoulder of your mobile suit.

You: It couldn't be...

The figure took of her hood to reveal your academy time friend, Haman Karn.

You: Haman? Is that you? Is the desert playing tricks on me?

Haman: No, Teddy, it's me.

You knew that it was indeed Haman, as Teddy was what she called you in the academy.

You: Haman...it's been so long...

Haman: I know, up until now I thought you were dead. I'm happy that I was wrong.

You dropped down from your suit, and approached Haman, holding out a hand.

You: You're still so beautiful...

Haman approached you, and placed your hand on her cheek.

Haman: I know, we need to talk.

You directed Haman into the warm cockpit of your suit, outfitted with a television and stove.

Haman: Resourceful as ever.

You: Not many stoves our here in the desert.

Haman took a seat opposite of you at the makeshift table.

You: So, my dear classmate, what brings you here at the base of a turncoat?

Haman: You technically can't be a turncoat if the group you served failed, at that point it's simple self preservation.

You: That's one way to look at it.

Haman: Anyway, I've been tracking down rogues from Zeon, all of which are either in Federation custody or dead, except you.

You: I would assume Zeon is not keen on bringing back traitors.

Haman: They're not, I represent a new, rising group.

You: And this group is called?

Haman: Axis Zeon, Of which I am leader.

You: No Zabi in charge?

Haman: No, Minerva Zabi is not old enough yet to rule.

You: Wow...my quiet classmate is the leader of a new and improved Zeon...how times have changed.

Haman: They have, now I must ask...will you join me?

You were taken aback by Haman's straight forward question.

You: Join you? In what regard?

Haman: As a Mobile Suit pilot, my personal bodyguard actually.

You: That seems like a strong position for me to take outright.

Haman: I would trust no one else with this position but you.

You: Why me specifically?

Haman: I remember how you operated both before and during the war, your skills are unmatched. Besides...

Haman hesitates for a moment.

Haman: I...feel safe around you.

You were surprised at Haman's words.

You: Like...when we were in the academy?

Haman: Yes. Whenever you walked me home after class at night, I always felt safe when you had your arm around my shoulders. I could never forget how you made me feel.

You: I haven't forgotten either...we were close in the academy.

Haman blushed lightly, unlike her.

Haman: I remember when we skipped the last class of the day to go back to your home...and we...

You smiled lightly.

You: I remember that we stayed in bed all day.

Haman: Just you, me, and whatever was on the tv.

You both laughed.

You: I missed you.

Haman locked eyes with you.

Haman: (Y/N)...

You: After I left for the war...I lost touch with you...but everyday I dreamed of seeing you again.

Haman: I dreamed of seeing you too, starting a family and living a simple life after the war was over.

You: I wanted to find you, but I didn't want you to be hurt because I was a traitor.

A tear ran down the side of your face.

Haman, in an instinctive move, climbed over the table and kissed you deeply.

Haman pulled back.

Haman: Now we're together again, and nothing will change that.

You pulled Haman off the table and kissed her as she sat in your lap.

Haman pulled back again.

Haman: I am a wanted woman, there are people that want me dead.

You locked eyes with Haman as you put your hand on her cheek.

You: I'd like to see them try. They won't get past me.

You kissed Haman again.

You later joined Haman as her bodyguard in Axes Zeon, and kept your word, as none came near harming her.

After her enemies were defeated, you spent time with Haman, time that resulted in a child.

Now with a family, you finally felt at home.