Lady Maria (Bloodborne)

Lady Maria Of The Astral Clocktower
Bloodborne

For story, you and Maria were a thing but broke up.

You had just returned from a hunting trip into Yharnam, and into the Hunter's Dream.

The scourge of beasts had become more rampant, the once great city of Yharnam now a destroyed ruin of it's former self, leaving only faint memories.

Memories...

You remembered the old days, how you and...others...would enjoy the scarce sunny days in the gothic city, before the blood, before the beasts.

You remembered joining the hunters in the first hunts, along side the other townsfolk.

You remembered being chosen by Gehrman to be one of his apprentices...along with her.

You remembered the fall of Yharnam, and the escape into the dream.

It took some time to get used to the dream, but you managed to learn, and became a bloody enemy to the beasts.

On the topic of blood, your clothes were covered in it, with a smell most unnerving, so you took to the bath as you entered, passing Gehrman as you did.

Gehrman: From that smell I can say that the beasts fell many tonight.

You: Not enough.

You laid your bloody weapons on the table as the Doll bought in tea.

You were taken aback by the dolls likeness to your old...friend. a common reaction after your past experience.

Doll: Tea?

You: Oh yes, please.

The doll poured and handed you a cup of tea.

The doll took note of the blood on your clothes.

Doll: Oh...are you injured?

You: I'm fine, I was just preparing for a bath.

Doll: Shall I help you?

You: Though I appreciate your dedication to my service, I must politely decline. My apologies.

Gehrman: Oh, on the topic while I have you, Maria is coming to the dream.

You spit out your tea onto the window.

Gehrman: Gah! The Doll just cleaned those!

You: Why would you wait until the day she arrives to tell me that Maria is coming!? You know our history!

Gehrman spoke as the Doll polished the window again.

Gehrman: I'm aware. I had hoped that you both had worked past your previous feelings.

You: I have not spoken to her since she left for Cainhurst...we fought...and said things...

Gehrman was unflinching.

Gehrman: Well...here is your chance to make things right.

You: I'm...I'm not sure I can.

Gehrman: If you love her...you can.

You left the room for the bath, leaving Gehrman and the Doll alone.

Gehrman: How far did Maria say she was?

Doll: At least until late night in Yharnam.

Gehrman: Good, he has time to dress himself up. It's always best to look your best.

You used the spare time you had to bathe, shave, dress yourself, and comb your hair, making yourself a proper gentleman.

Though you had yourself prepared physically, you could not stop yourself from being nervous.