Chapter 1

A/N: This story was created back in February when he returned. I meant to transfer it sooner but I was lazy 🥴. Anyway, hope you enjoy! 😊

* * *

Robyn or Robbie as her friends called her remembered the night of October 22, 2018 like it was yesterday. 'My real name is Joe and I've been living with leukemia for 11 years and unfortunately it's back..."

She  also remembered the fallout of it on social media and even in her own  locker room down at NXT

She  also remembered the fallout of it on social media and even in her own  locker room down at NXT. One thing that stuck out to her the most was  people's disbelief that it could happen to Roman. Cancer? How could this be? He's face of the company? The thought of the body of this handsome, vibrant man in the prime of his life betraying him seemed impossible to some.

The show was definitely not the same but according to the quote, it must go on. At  some point Mr. McMahon decided that the rosters needed fresh blood and  that's where she along with Lacey Evans, Nikki Cross and a lot of NXT  male superstars came in. Lacey was getting the most airtime and Nikki  got to participate in the Rumble and Elimination but Robbie was bounced  between Raw and Smackdown participating in random tag matches but for  the most part, she performed in dark matches before the show,  occasionally taped throwaway matches for Main Event.

She knew backstage would be hectic tonight because of two big events: the return of Roman Reigns and Ric Flair's birthday.

Roman  arrived about two hours before show time and people swarmed him. Robbie  hung back in the shadows. He was coming back to people he knew and had  bonds with and Robbie would feel out of place approaching him as a new  face while he was busy catching up with the others. She hadn't  personally met him but by all account he was a great man, husband,  father, leader, role model and all around stand up guy.

While Ric  was supposedly having an on air party tonight, there was one already set  up for him backstage and that's where she went off to. Pretty soon  Roman made his way in there and once again, he was surrounded before he  had both feet in the door. The difference between being out in the open  of the backstage area and being in an isolated room became crystal clear  – there was only one way to escape and Roman happened to be standing by  it.

Robbie took a deep breath and stood knowing that it was  probably better to go up to him rather than have him approach her.  According to backstage etiquette, it was customary for the new wrestler  to introduce themselves to veteran wrestlers. Her plan was to say a  quick hello and shake his hand before letting him get back to his  conversations but it was just her luck that the crowd around him  disbanded by the time she made it across the room so when he finally  spotted her she had his full attention. He seemed to check her out  without being obvious but she noticed. She knew she was attractive at 25  years of age, 5'8, dark haired exotic beauty.

 She knew she was attractive at 25  years of age, 5'8, dark haired exotic beauty