CHAPTER 7

"Guys its awesome to see you. I missed your are ugly mugs over the break". Mitchell had also been away from the summer holidays, interning at his uncle's advertising firm. Sam suddenly clicker that  this was the first holidays they hadn't spend at least part of together. She felt a small cloud of appreciation settle on her as she realised the other two were thinking about making plans for," life after school".

" ha you are one too speak-- look whose become the ungainly giant over the break".

Mitchell look suitably chastened, and then broke out his most brilliant smile .He was definitely not in the top 20 hotties at school ,but his smile was a hard stopper.

" yeah I know- mum's not impressed me going up to sizes in 7 weeks.Anyway do you guys know yet whose classes you are in."

" nope-- first stop is to check the hoomroom lists. praying I don't get Miss Baxter as my " hreacher" , laughed Sam. Miss Baxter was definitely old school only Latin teacher at  Lakeside high, and one who relied heavily on scaring her students into toeing the line . God help anyone who entered her classroom with socks down or shirts untucked.

" Oh she's not that bad", replied Sarah, " once you get to know her"

" well I'd rather remain deprived ofthat pleasure. One year of Latin in year 9 ,before I sunk to my appropriate "intelligent" grading was  more than enough".

As Sarah pulled a " don't give me that hokey" look, all three of them moved through the main wooden doors into the large entrance foyer of the school auditorium. The noise immediately swelled to a crescendo as they joined the Milling throngs of the returning senior students all gathering around applicable notice board to check out their homeroom and locker assignments.

Mitchell just managed to make himself heard, as he headed off to join the other year 13's " guys if I don't catch up with you at lunch. I'll call you tonight.

The loudspeaker crackled into life and scratchy voice of the senior dean, Mr Thistlewaite, could just be heard-- " hi everyone and welcome back. hope you all had a relaxing and improving break and are all rearly to go for the new school year. Reminder that the senior orientation assembly starts at 10:15 a.m. sharp and you will come straight down to your homeroom after that ,to be giving your class schedules.

Sarah tugged sharply at Sam - " come on we've only 10min to find out our homeroom assignments". Sam let herself be dragged by Sarah over to the year 12 lists.

" hey look there are only two homerooms for our year" .

" looks like the role for year12 has dropped a lot --more importantly we are together".

As they glanced through the list Sam felt someone nudge side.Turning round she saw it was one of the twins-  Gabby. Most people found the twins as Gabby and George had become known as, a little strange but Sam knew that they were overly fascinated by people.
- - Gabby's way of expressing this came across as if she was a gossip where as George tended to just watch and quietly take it all in.

" hey Sam and Sarah-- did you see" crabby paused there, as if she thought Sarah and Sam must know exactly what she was talking about. After waiting for a few seconds, Sam  patiently prompted "See there is a new guy in the school". she pointed to a name on one of the lists.

Sam smiled to herself-- a new student ,especially in the senior school ,was a quiet a rear occasion.The poor guy would find himself the center of attention for the first few weeks until his novelty wore off.

" so there is- have you seen him yet"

Gabby's face got disheartened. " Not just his back, as he went into the dean's office. He's blonde through and kind of tall".

George tentatively cleared his throat "I caught a glimpse of him in the carpark. I thought he looked a bit familiar" peering out from under his thatch of hair he continued " actually he looked a bit like a Sam " . Gabby poked her brother in the ribs " don't be a dick George, how could he pook like Sam".

Sam smiled sympathetically at George-- she completely understood the concept of yin and yang whenever she was with the twins.

---------------------------------------------------------

Plz do support.