"I made you more cookies," Alice said by my side.

I jumped a little. I didn't hear her approach or feel her presence. "You startled me," I said.

"Sorry," she said. "I didn't mean to." She held out a square tupperware. "I made them a little different this time so hopefully they won't be dry."

I took them from her and playfully said, "Are you trying to get me fat?"

"No," she said aghast.

"I'm teasing," I said.

"Oh," she smiled. "Next time I'll bring carrots."

I laughed as we walked side by side down the hallway. "You really don't need to bring us anything more. We're good."

"We're friends again?"

"Yes," I said, but I wouldn't forget her words that she would bide her time. Things were better between us, but I was going to keep an eye on her.

"Good," she said. We parted ways and I stepped out to go to my car. That was when my phone rang. The name calling in came up as Scotty.

"Hiii," I said when I answered.

"Hi," he said. "You said I could call if I never needed to talk."

"Of course," I said. I got in my car, but didn't start it up. "What's up?"

There was a pause and then he said, "I'm just lonely. There is no one to meet in this town."

"Go to the gay bar," I said.

"That's two towns over and it's a weekday."

I rolled my eyes, but of course he couldn't see it. He was as obstinate as ever. "Then go on the weekend."

"I have night classes on the weekend."

"Are you being difficult on purpose?"

He laughed. "No?"

"Then why are you questioning yourself. Just watch gay porn and jerk off."

"I live at home, remember? In my parents' house?"

I sighed dramatically. "Look, precious, I don't know what to tell you. You argue with everything I say."

"You used to like that."

"Not anymore." Although I kind of did, but I liked Trevon's way a lot more. We were different, but just seemed to let our differences blend together in beautiful swirls.

"Do you ever miss me?" he asked.

"As a friend," I said. "But I don't have to miss you because you called me."

"Right," he said. "We are friends. Friends can imagine each other naked though, right?" he teased.

"No," I said, "I have a boyfriend."

"Then I'll imagine you both naked," he teased even more.

"You better not," I said in the most threatening voice I could muster.

He laughed. "Okay. I won't imagine you or your boyfriend naked. Do you ever miss any of your exes?"

Jackson.

"No," I lied. "I'm perfectly happy with Trevon," and that was true.

"I miss my last boyfriend," he said seriously. "Do you think if I called him and begged him to take me back he would?"

"Listen, precious, if he broke up with you because you lied about coming out to your family and you still haven't told them you are gay, I don't think he is going to take you back."