Stonefork Chapter 2

A/N- I know the chapters are short, but I will try to do several at a time! Here's the second! Hope you like it!

Chapter 2

Alexis POV

I see Julie walking down the stairs in a pink robe and curling things in her hair. She smiles at me. I turn on my heels and head straight to my room. She thinks she can just come in here and be my mom just because she's married to my father.

I walk into my room and I see my already-made bed, clothes neatly stacked in my drawers, and the floor already vacuumed the first time today. Yah, I said first, as in there will be more. I mean, c'mon aren't all sixteen-year-olds rooms a mess?

I throw on a tee shirt and shorts to go running, and put my hair in a messy bun because I know Julie hates it. Before I leave I mess up my drawers, throw clothes on the floor, and wrinkle my sheets on my bed. I survey the room, it's not as messy as I hoped but I really want to go running.

As I go down the stairs I yell at my dad that I'm going running. He nods, clearly startled, and manages to spill his coffee that he was drinking. I laugh. He gets so caught up in the newspaper.

I open the door and the cool air hits me, it feels good.

My mom and I used to go running all the time before she died. I remember the first time running with her; she had practically wrapped me up in bubble wrap, scared to death of me falling. She had settled for knee pads though. We had run three yards before I stated complaining. She ended up walking instead of running for half of the run we were going to do, with me on her back. I laughed at the memory.

I was so caught up in my thoughts that I barely noticed the sold sign on the Brewster's house. That house had been for sale since I had moved here, two years ago. I wonder who bought it.

Once I finished my walk I took a nice, long, hot shower. It felt good. Then I get dressed and head downstairs to the kitchen where I know Ben and Cindy will be trying to sneak a lick of the cook's dessert. I can smell it, vanilla icing with just a tint of cake.

I am going to take the twins to get lunch then down to the beach today I decided. "Okay guys, enough with snatching licks of frosting." I say. "Go wash your hands-they are probably sticky, and come back here to tell me where you want to go for lunch!" They both race out of the room and I can hear their fighting over who gets to wash their hands first. I roll my eyes at the cook and she lets out a snicker.

The twins came in giggling and Cindy yells, "I wanna go to the zoo and the movie theater and the nail spa and the ice cream parlor and.....and....and...." I laugh.

"Okay, how about you Ben?"

"I am not going to the nail spa!" He yells "but I do wanna go to Larosas then to the beach!." He says.

"Okay so how about we go to the Larosas down by the mall first, then we will stop at the UDF and head out to the beach. If we have time we can catch a movie too." I say laying out the plan for the day. They both nod, for once they agree.

"Get in the car. I'll be right there, No! Not the limo! Grab dad's car!"

"Awwwwww!" They both yell but walk past the limo.

I tell Dad that we are going out and that I will have my cell if he needs to call me. I grab my purse and the keys and head out.

I have had my license for a while, seven months, so I'm pretty good. "Buckle Up!" I yell pulling out of the driveway.

A/N- Like it? Hope so! I will try to add more soon! *Vote/Comment/Fan*