Chapter 1

(y/n) POV

On November sixth 2022 around 10,000 innocent people were trapped in Sword Art Online, my mother and I were two of those victims. She bought us the game to bring us closer together since we didn't have a very good relationship after she left me and my father shortly after I was born, and now that my father is gone I was sent to her. We've been trapped in the game for about a month now and I was scared. "Mama?" I said as my mother looked back at me from the ledge and smiled, suddenly someone rushed in front of me so I couldn't see what happened next, "You didn't need to see that." She said as she hugged me, "W...Where's Mama? W...We're supposed to stay together." I said, "What's your name sweetie?" She asked, "(y...y/n)." I said, "Well (y/n) I'm Asuna. Is there anyone else here that you know?" She asked, I shook my head, "I...I came here with Mama." I said, "Why don't you come with me then?" She said as she held out her hand, "Ok." I said as I took her hand.

"(y/n) sweetie can you show me what gear you have?" Asuna asked, I nodded and equipped my dagger.

"Is that it?" She asked, I nodded, "Well let's fix that." She said sweetly as we walked into a shop, "Pick whatever you like." She said.

Asuna POV

"Asuna are you sure that you can afford to let him have whatever he wants?" Lisbeth asked, "Liz he just lost his mom this is the least I can do for him." I said as (y/n) looked around, "He's kinda cute don't ya think?" She said, "Asuna." (y/n) said as he tugged on my skirt, "Did you find something?" I asked sweetly, he nodded and held up a sword.

" (y/n) said as he tugged on my skirt, "Did you find something?" I asked sweetly, he nodded and held up a sword

"Great choice kid." Lisbeth said, "Well how much?" I asked, "Hmm this one's on the house, just stay safe alright." She said as she ruffled his hair.

"Miss Asuna, are you going to leave me too?" (y/n) asked softly, "(y/n) what's wrong? Your shaking." I asked as I knelt down to his height and looked him in the eye, "I...I'm so scared." He said, "Mama was scared and she kept saying things like this was her fault, and that she couldn't protect me." He said as he began to tear up, "(y/n) is your dad here somewhere?" I asked, "N...No he died a few months ago." He said, "I'm so sorry sweetie." I said as I hugged him, "You've already lost so much, I promise you I won't leave you." I said as he hugged me and began to cry, "Come on, let's go get a room somewhere. You can keep crying if you need to I wont stop you." I said as I picked him up and walked off.