Chapter one: Supercomm calls

Lucas: Hey Max, do you copy?
the supercomm buzzed from inside Maxine Mayfeilds draw. She ran to grab the supercomm, she had been waiting for Lucases call.
Lucas: Max? Do you copy?
Max whipped the lead up and pressed the transaction button.
Max: Yes Lucas, i copy!
Lucas laughed, Max was always so eager to talk, ever since he had given her the supercomm.
Lucas: So, how are you?
Max: Pretty good. How bout you?
Lucas: About the same to be honest.
There was a sort of tension between the two, even though they weren't even in the same building. Ever since Lucas and Max had kissed at the snowball, it had been quite weird between them, like they just needed to see each other again. But they couldn't... for some weird reason. interference of another caller addressed Maxine's supercomm.
Max: Hold one one sec Lucas, someone else is calling.
Lucas: Oh okay.
Max picked up the lines signal and held down the button.
Max: Hello? Who is this?
Mike: Um hey Max, it's mike.
Max: Mike? Why are you calling me?
Mike: Oh, i just wanted to see how you were doing.
Max was weirded out.
Max: Oh okay um good thanks.
Mike: cool.
All year Mike had given Max hell about being a stupid party member, and not liking her. So it was REALLY strange he was asking her how she was.
Max: Anyway, it was nice talking to you, but i should get back on the line to Lucas. Um bye Mike.
Mike: You we're talking to Lucas? Oh um cool. Bye.
Max: Bye.
The line crashed. Maxine raised her eyebrows in confusion. 'that was weird' she thought to herself.
Lucas: Hello? Max? You've been gone for ages! Who was on the phone?
Max: Oh my god, I'm so sorry Lucas! And strangely it was Mike...
Lucas: Mike? Your right, that is strange.. Whar did he want?
Max: I'm not sure. He asked how i was and then i ended it to talk to you.
Lucas: hmm... somethings weird there.
Max: What do you mean?
Lucas: Well, He's hated you all year right?
Max: Yeah...
Lucas: So why would he call you up to ask you how you were?
Max: I honestly don't know lol
Lucas: Lmao
Max was getting nervous but she really liked lucas and she knew he was kinda shy. If she wanted this to work, she had to be the bold emerald eyed, red head she was, and make the first move.
Max: Lucas.. Can i ask you something?
Lucas: Of course. You can ask me anything Max.
Max: Would you wanna hang out, like next weekend or something? I know your on break so i completely understand if you don't want to-
Lucas: I'd love too.