Chapter 2

Percy's POV

"Thanks, have a nice day" I said as I headed out of a small store. THe cashier just grunted in reply.

Snow fell gently to the ground and melted before it could pile up. I walked around until I found a bench and started to drink the coffee I bought.

"Hey kid" I heard an annoying voice call. I ignored it, thinking it wasn't meant for me until someone grabbed the back of my hood and pulled it back.

Before the guy could react, I splashd the hot coffee into his face and ducked as a fist came flying at me.

"Shit!" The man was cursing loudly as he rubbed coffee out of his eyes.

"Don't even think about messing with me!" I growled and walked away.

A snarl came from behind me and I whipped around to see the Chimira smacking its lips at me.

"A monster" I breathed out and rolled away as it's jaws snapped at me.

I didn't have a weapon so all I could do was defend my self.

I bit back a scream as I felt the Chimira's claws rake me.

Soon, the ground was soaked with my blood and all I could do was pant and lean on a street light.

The monster gave a triumphant howl and leaped at me.

Well, I had a horrible life. Glad it's gonna end it for me.

A blinding light flashed infront of me and I saw a sturdy man looking down at a pile of monster dust.

He turned to face me but I was already starting to black out.

The darkness engulfed me and all I could do was drop to the ground.

Mystery man's POV

"Seriously?" I complained as the boy slumped to the ground, his eyes rolled into his head.

"Damn" I whispered at his wounds. "I'm surprised he survived this long." I gently touched his forehead and the boy disappeared in a flash.

I too, teleported to a grand room.

"Pontus" I heard a deep voice call me.

"Lord Chaos" I smiled and walked towards the Creator.

"You brought him but he's in bad shape." Chaos shook his head and looked at a pool.

In the pool was Perseus, his eyes closed. The pool contained clear water and was shaped like a circle. It was placed in the center of the room where Chaos and I was standing.

"We have to do it now" Chaos declared.

"No! I mean-uh... He's not ready." I countered and Chaos rose an eyebrow.

"If we do it together than there will be less chance he will die" Chaos reasoned, straightening his expensive suit.

"But-" I began

"No 'but's. We shall do it now." Without another word Chaos went over to the pool and motioned me to do the same.

Together, we chanted the ancient words of power. (A/N insert magical mumjo jumbo here). The water in the pool slowly started to glow until it was dangerously bright.

Sweat began to form on my forehead as we continued to chant.

Finally, the pool erupted and crystal like drops of water sprinkled the grand room.

In the center stood Perseus. Tall and proud, glowing with power.

"Yes!" Chaos clapped like a child watching an intense movie.

"Erm... Chaos? The scar on his cheek didn't heal" I pointed out, still exhausted.

"The wound contains many memories. Too many to go away in a flash." As soon as Chaos finished, Perseus fell forward and slumped into Chaos.

"Ouch" I winced as Chaos rolled the boy off of him.

"Well it worked didn't it?" Chaos said cheerfully and all I could do was smile.