Hope

Valentina finally felt happy after a long time. She couldn't think of anything but the evening that awaited her with Juliana. She wanted everything to be perfect for them that night, it's been so long since they've been able to spend a moment together, just thinking about themselves.
Now, the only things she wanted to think about were what to wear for that evening and what to prepare for dinner, since she wasn't used to cook, Chivis always did it for them and now she didn't want to look like a total mess!

- "Chivis!"
- "Did you call me mi niña?"
- "Yes Chivis, I absolutely need your help, you have to help me 'cause I don't know what to do!"
- "Of course! I'm here for you, how can I help you? "
- "I need you to teach me how to cook something good, as only you can do! This evening Juliana will come here for dinner and I promised her that we would have cooked something together, but I know very little about cooking, you spoiled me too much with your delicious dishes !! "
- "Of course I have no problem with that mi niña, but are you sure that I simply can't cook you something? You know that for me there are no problems, that would be a pleasure for me! "
- "Thank you, you're really very kind Chivis, but this time I really want to surprise her, I want it to be a perfect evening and this also includes that I learn to cook something." - said Valentina, smiling.
Chivis just smiled back and nodded. She felt terribly guilty with Valentina for the terrible behavior she had had during the period in which Juliana dated her 'child'. Yes, because this is how Chivis has always seen her, as if she were her own daughter, since she saw what happened to her after the loss of his mother and especially of her father. Or at least, this was before they found out he wasn't only just alive, but even in the body of another man. Jacobo. The driver. This news firstly did upset her, but then seeing Valentina's reaction to having found her father again, even if not in the same body as before, had filled her with joy. She was so happy she could get him back, even if that news had been ruined by the terrible death of Mrs. Lucía.
Now all she thought about was that she wanted to apologize to Valentina for behaving so badly with Juliana, the person Valentina was in love with. Yes, in love. She could not understand much of its true meaning, how one could fall in love with people of the same sex, but the only thing that really mattered to her was Valentina's happiness, so she decided put aside any prejudice for her happiness .

- "So, Chivis, are you ready to teach me all your tricks and secrets?" Asked Valentina with a smile.
Valentina was ready, with her kitchen apron, super excited to finally learn something new, without the help of the people who works for her.
Chivis could only smile seeing her like this.
- "Perfect! But I can't teach you ALL my tricks, otherwise you won't need me anymore !! "
- "This is not true! I will always need you! So, what are we waiting for? Let's start!"

Right in that moment Valentina's phone started ringing, Lupita's name appeared on the screen, and Valentina immediately replied convinced that she wanted to give her some advice for the evening, about how she could win her daughter by telling her what to cook to surprise her. She never could have imagined what awaited her instead.

- "Hi Lupita! So, is Juliana already there? I just need some of your advice, I'm here with Chivis and I'm trying to learn and cooking a little something to make a good impression with her tonight! Your advice would always be appre- "- Valentina could not finish the sentence, because she heard Lupita crying on the other side of the phone. And she seemed upset.

- "What happened? Did something happen? Lupita ?? Tell me, is everything all right? "
On the other side of the phone she could only hear screaming, people talking about an operating room, "It's very serious! We have to move, every second lost can be fatal! ", To this sentence Valentina felt her blood freeze.
- "Lupita! Where are you? What happened? Why do I hear people talking about an operating room?? Answer me!"
On the other side of the phone, after what seemed like eternity to Valentina, Lupita finally managed to catch her breath and answer, between tears - "It's Juliana. I - I - I don't know what happened, but they're taking her to the operating room right now... I don't know how to tell you this, they found her on the ground, unconscious, she was hit by a car that didn't stop at the red light. She must not have noticed and it just hit her! He- he just- he ran away. He simply ran away. Now she's here, it's really serious and I- I don't know what to do. I don't know- "But she couldn't finish the sentence, because she burst out crying again.

Valentina felt the whole world fall on her. Everything stopped for her at that moment. Almost without knowing she dropped the plate from her hand, which crashed to the floor, shattering completely.
Chivis turned, attracted by the noise made by Valentina, and what she saw left her upset.
Valentina stood there, motionless, with the phone to her ear but without apparently talking to anyone, surrounded by the shards of the dish that had completely destroyed itself when it fell.
- "Valentina, what's going on ?? Tell me! Valentina??"
She tried to shake her, but Valentina remained there, motionless, until when, like suddenly seized by a shock, she came to her senses and began to scream to call Alirio.
- "Chivis! I need Alirio as quickly as possible, I have to rush to the hospital, NOW. PLEASE!"
- "What is happening? Did something happen? "
- "I don't have time to explain now Chivis! I need Alirio NOW! It's Juliana! She's in the hospital and she's very serious! I have to run to her, I have to do- I have to- "
Valentina was completely panicking, so Chivis decided to immediately call Alirio, who heard them screaming and ran as fast as possible.
- "Yes, Miss Valentina, did you call me?" - he said almost breathless.
- "Alirio I need you to take me to the hospital, NOW. Come on!"
- "Alright Miss Valentina, there is no problem, I will take you there immediately when you're ready."

And so she found herself alone, stuck in traffic, full of thoughts and regrets.
"What if you hadn't left her alone? How could this happen? Why to her? I should have persuaded her not to go alone on foot. " She couldn't understand how it could have happened. Her Juls. In the hospital. Fighting between life and death. Not her. Not now that everything seemed to be going very well.
She couldn't stop thinking about everything and burst into tears, she could not lose the love of her life. Not like that. She couldn't leave her right now.
No, she had to hold on. SHE HAD TO DO IT.

- "Hold on, please Juls, I'm coming, don't give up. You can't leave me. "