The Bathtub

"Shit," Lucas hit the car door when Lyn made a sharp turn.

"I'm sorry." She apologizes. She was speeding through residential neighborhoods trying to get to Mike's house as fast as possible. She needs to at least get Lucas in better range so that he could make contact with them.

"If you guys can hear me, say something. DUSTIN! MIKE! ELEVEN!" He yells into the walkie talkie.

"Lucas!" The two let out a scream of joy when Dustin came over the radio.

"Yes, it's Lucas. I found the gate. Bad men are coming. They know about Eleven. You have to get out of there." He yells.

"Lucas, I can't hear you but we're at Mike's house," Dustin told him. Lucas repeated himself. When the radio comes up silence he yells it again. Lyn pushes the gas pedal to the floor to go faster. She prays that people would hear Darling's engine and not try to cross the street.

"Lucas, if you can hear us, slows down. We can't understand you." Mike's voice came through the radio.

"Yes, I copy! Do you? They know about Eleven! Get out of there! They know about Eleven! The bad men are coming! All of them! Do you hear me? The bad men are coming! The bad men are coming!" Lucas screams into the walkie.

"Bad men!" Mike yells back. Lyn and Lucas let out a sigh of relief that they got the message.

"Why is it silent?" Lyn went from feeling relief back to anxiety in a split second.

"I don't know. Dustin! Dustin, do you copy?" He kept repeating it into the radio only giving short chance for a response.

"Yeah, Lucas, they're on us." He told them, making the two in the car curse.

"Where are you?" Lucas asks next.

"Cornwallis," Dustin tells them.

"Tell them to meet us at Elm and Cherry." Lyn took a sharp U-turn to meet up with the three kids.

"Meet us at Elm and Cherry. Copy," He relays the message.

"Elm and Cherry! Okay." Dustin was breathing heavy from riding the bike as fast as he could.

Lyn stop the car when they got to the street that they were supposed to meet the kids on. "Where are they?" She looks around for them.

"There they are!" Lucas points to the three bikes that were coming their way. Dustin and Mike quickly shove their bikes in the trunk. The three kids got into the car.

"Lucas! Rosalyn!" Dustin yells their names. He was happy to see that they were okay.

"Where are they?" Lyn turns around to ask the kids.

"I don't know," Mike said through deep breaths.

"I think we lost them," Dustin said in the same manner.

Tires screeching made them look back to see three vans chasing after them.

"Go, go, go, go, go!" Dustin screams at his sister. Lyn slams down on the gas and race down the road.

"Go, go, go, go, go! Faster, faster!" Mike orders the driver. Lyn grinds her teeth, how were these vans able to keep up with Darling, what kind of horsepower did they have under their hood?

"Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit!" Dustin chants as the vans got closer to them.

"Fuck!" Lyn yells when another van pulls in front of them. It was racing towards them playing a game of chicken. Right when Lyn was about the turn the wheel to go off the road and ride on the sidewalk. The van was left into the air and it flies over them upside down and slams down behind them. It forces the other vans to stop.