Chapter 1. The chance encounter

Delia was a tall athletic dark complexioned and long haired bombshell, who lived on the other side of town. She just did not live on the other side of town but lived in a pristine part of the neighborhood- Bourbon Creek was the name. She was a practicing corporate lawyer with over a decade of experience in that sector and thousands of successful negotiated international mergers and acquisitions.

She had an afternoon appointment with an affluent client, who resided in Richmond, a suburb that was a little further away from North End. She was quite anxious about making it on time to this important business meeting. To her the greatest sign of respect in her sector had to be one's ability to be punctual. With that in mind, she timeously made her way from her company's office park, situated in the prestigious Water Fall City District. She drove off in her luxurious Mercedes Benz GLS63S AMG limited edition.

As the merc purred on to the highway, she could not help but reminisce about how she had been able to make it out of the toxic environment of her youth. Growing up in Glen Dale was not  the best experience one had. It was a crime riddled neighborhood and the stench of poverty was heavy on the nostrils. Children  played in stinky, rat infested environs. It was just a depressing environment. That was all in the past,-she had been able to work on her dream and find her way out of the stinking hell-hole. Her sheer hardwork had ensured that she had become a resident in the leafy suburb of Bourbon Creek.

With its well manicured gardens and twenty bedroomed mansions, it was a place were all the socialites, executives and politicians lived. It was a dazzling spectacle that was set on a mountain.

All the latest smart gadgets were used in this leafy citadel of the rich. From self opening infra red sensor gates, body-heat-sensor televisions, motion-sensor- lights to voice-activated household gadgets- this was a mini "Silicone Valley".

It was a suburb that had homes that featured in House and Home magazines, a countless times.

Delia looked at her dazzling gold watch, involuntarily, and smiled with the knowledge that she would be able to navigate her way through traffic and make it in good time. Little did she know that destiny had its own plans for the day...

As she drove past North End she could not help but notice the beautiful jacaranda tree lined avenues and their colorful purple flowers. She slid her window to take in this addictive scent. A hollow longing tugged at her heart. It was a brief remind of how lonely her world was... a dark shadow crossed her heart. She knew how difficult it was to find time to be romantically involved let alone meet the man who would make that dream possible. Her life was consumed by her tight work schedule that left little or no time for life's little comforts. The corporate world was a lonely island.

Her mind was jolted to the present by the continuous beeping on her dashboard

Her mind was jolted to the present by the continuous beeping on her dashboard... A red light indicated that there was a problem with her front wheel. A puncture. That wasn't supposed to be happening- she would be late for this important business meeting. She remembered hitting a pothole somewhere along the way. She gentle navigated to the side of the road and parked her baby. She phoned her secretary to organise for help from the AA- The Automobile Association and also asked her to organise for the chauffeured Bentley to come and pick her up.

As she disembarked she could not help but notice a tall light skinned guy dressed in fashionable torn black jeans and a skin hugging black tshirt looking at the damaged front tyre. She nodded at him. When he spoke she was taken aback by the gentle husky voice that politely said

" Good afternoon Lady. Car trouble. Need some help?"

All she could do was nod. Her voice was gone. She was deflated like her front tyre.She just wanted him to go on saying sweet nothings.

" Where are your tools. You will.be on the road in no time. Open the boot and let me get on with this Miss"

It was as if she was carried by an unknown force, she quickly opened the boot without saying a word. Where there was once a throat was a burning hollow slit that was enchanted by the stranger's voice.

" I will fix this in no time. Don't be afraid Lady. My name is Caleb... I will fix this in no time."

As he went down on his knees and began jerking the car and unscrewing the nuts, she could only marvel and the biceps and triceps of this God sent mancho man. She had even forgotten about the call she had made to the office and the help that was on it's way.

As Caleb worked he hummed the lyrics of Ed Sheeran's master class " Perfect". Delia had turned to jelly at this stage. It was as if Caleb was mocking her loneliness and speaking to that deep yearning for company in her heart. All she could do was hide the only way she knew. She made a variety of phone calls all in a bid to escape this man who had just walked accidentally into her world and turned it to jelly.

Caleb also busied himself but deep down unknown to Delia her presence had also.opened a raging inferno of desire in his heart. He could not help but steal glances- to observe Delia's full and succulent lips. The outline of her full figure steered a longing in his loins. He felt his small member stir to attention. He bit his lower lip and worked very quickly. He needed to escape this woman's presence. She was too much of a temptation for him.

In no time he was done replacing the punctured wheel and put the equipment back in boot as well as the damaged tyre.

" All is well Lady. You can be on your way. This is not the safest part of time. Do drive safely" said Caleb in his soft hoarsey voice.

He extended a hand to shake Delia's- the sparks and current that flew off when they touched hands would have been enough to light a city. They both quickly withdrew their hands.

Delia made a dash for the car, got in and offered Caleb a wad of bank notes that he refused to take.

"Please take this little token of appreciation. You have helped me profusely." Intoned Delia in her soft beautiful mermaid voice.

Caleb shook his head.

"Meeting you again will be enough payment Miss. I did not quite get your name.." quipped Caleb

"Delia De Lange. My colleagues call me Miss Dee..." she said starring at him with gently and longing eyes.

"Will I ever see you again?"He looked her squarely in the face with begging eyes.

They knew how they felt about each other and knew that they had to make a life changing decision otherwise they would be both haunted by this passing moment for an eternity.

Caleb knew that he had never met anyone like Dee in his entire life. He was desperate to meet her again and explore his feelings for her.

Delia knew she held all the cards but wasn't going to let this opportunity be lost. Busy as her schedule was- she knew this was as important a decision as the other major business decisions she had bagged.

" Take my card. Do get in touch later tonight..." she said softly, handing it over. She started her car and drove off. Leaving Caleb standing in the middle of Jacaranda Avenue.

He moved the business card to his nostrils and could not help but take in the romantic scent that was Delia. For a second he closed his eyes and pictured her well chiseled face, the succulent jade coloured lips. His heart screamed for freedom and companionship.