(20)Vampire Twins

Start from the beginning

"I'm glad that we found one but we can't rest easy because of those devils, especially now that we knew three households are in this place."

The two nodded their heads with each other and seemed to have come to conclusion that it was best to be cautious for this one. The twin siblings then enjoyed their delicious dinner with mundane topics, sharing all their experiences so far, arriving in this place not far too long.

~~~

(Y/N) (L/N)'s POV

"Are you alright now?"

You saw Rias leaning against the table once you have arrived at your now empty classroom. It was past dismissal time after all and definitely the time to go home. Kuroka dropped by the clinic earlier along with Ravel. However you asked the two of them to go home before you and informed them that you need to do something first.

"Yes, it wasn't serious after all." you walked straight to your desk and sat down before staring at the view outside the window.

"I have cooperated with Sona and gathered information about those two you encountered earlier." Rias informed you. "It was most likely they were not from around here as we didn't recognize them and their aura was different."

"Figured as much."

"However from what I learned from Gasper earlier, he said that they are vampires and it's very rare to find twins like them."

Your brow raised as you glanced at the Crimson Ruin Princess with interest. Now that you were made aware of the twins' kind, it sure was a surprise.

"Vampires? As in like the blood sucking creatures of the night?"

"Yep, you got that right. But I also learned that Gasper found it odd because they are not part of a faction."

"By faction, you mean household right?"

Rias nodded then continued on. "From what he said, vampires are known to be very serious about factions and they are highly encouraged to be part of one."

"What other information do you have about them?"

"We haven't found the slightest clue about their names but judging from the information we gathered, they were highly likely from Europe being that the largest population of vampires are found there."

"I see," you quipped lowly. "Can you tell me more about them if you find anything else?"

"Of course but why does it seem that they were able to pique your interest?"

You smirked at her before answering, "Surprisingly, they did for some reason."

"Wow, it's unusual for you to be like this but I guess I too would be after having been attacked by them."

"Right..."

Eventually, Rias bid you goodbye as she was to attend to her duties now after checking up and informing you of things. You asked her to relay the same message to Sona that if she found new information about the two siblings earlier, she should give you a call.

"Yeah, I will. Take good care of yourself and be alert at all times. You never know when someone might attack you again."

"Oh ho, it was just a small simple mistake." you spoke with a slightly offended tone. "Remember you're talking to a member of the revered (L/N) family."

"Nice try, (Y/N). Even the most arrogant and strongest people fall, right?"

"Shut up, Princess."

Rias gave out a laugh before giving a final wave and then exiting the classroom. You, on the other hand, decided to conduct your own investigation and with that in mind, you swung your bag across your shoulder and left the classroom in a hurry.

'I guess, I'd look more into this matter...'

Rias then appeared all of a sudden, "Good thing, I caught up to you. I forgot to tell you something."

"What's up?"

"I need you to do me a favor."

"I'm not your servant, Rias."

"Oh, c'mon. It's only a small one and besides, you need to try doing this especially now that you've started building your own peerage."

"What are you talking about?"

Rias held up a paper with an insignia of their family, the bright crimson red Gremory crest. You eyed the piece of paper with curiosity and Rias handed the paper over for you to read it.

"It's a mission. I got an intel where a supposed stray was hiding in one of the abandoned buildings, luring in people and killing them."

"Contract?"

"Yes but since my household and I are busy with other contracts. I'm hoping you'll do this in my stead. Of course the reward will be yours too, only if you decided to take it."

You thought hard and realized that it sure was a great chance and opportunity to work and see the fruit of Ravel's training. The real thing would proved to be a test if by your teachings, Ravel was able to flawlessly accomplish this.

"However might I remind you, the class of that stray was above normal. Don't get too cocky and make sure to plan for it carefully."

You nodded your head and agreed, "I'll take it. It's a great way to see the improvements of Ravel under my care and guidance."

"Thanks a lot, (Y/N). I will be sure to pay you back in the future." Rias thanked you and patted your shoulder before walking away.

"Looks like we're gonna receive our very first contract." you spoke with an obvious excited tone.

~~~

words- 2100+

Ps. I've missed my baby ❤ (The picture above is not mine, credits shall go to its respective owner.)

Good day! Thank you for reaching this far and supporting this book. I am really thankful and grateful to each one of you! :)

If you have any questions and such, please do make a comment and if you have enjoyed this chapter, giving a little vote wouldn't hurt. Feel free to follow me if you haven't yet :)

Peace out and I love y'all