Chapter 12: Puchito

Start from the beginning

"Those are some GQ models. Fuck they're hot." Joshua cursed as we made our way down the sidewalk.

"Are you sure you're straight?" I questioned, poking some fun at him while I could.

"Oh ha, ha." He replied flatly as Marley suddenly surged in their direction, trying to cross the street. 

     I was confused as Marley would follow you off of a leash. And she was always mild mannered. Though the elderly dog tugged me across the street rather forcefully.

"Marls wants her man." Joshua snickered as she quit literally didn't give me a choice as she tugged me up the Maddox's lawn.

"Puchito. Your boyfriend is here." The suave man known as Cruz commented smoothly with his accent that I know recognized to be that of someone from Spain.

     Wyatt turned on him with an exasperated look on his face the other taller man looking wildly confused and less intimidating as I saw he was relatively close to our age.

"You have a boyfriend?!" He asked, causing me to feel rather flustered. Wyatt stood up and gently elbowed the taller man in his ribs as Cruz locked eyes with Joshua who was unfettered by the perfection that was Cruz. Not a hair out was out of place on the man's head. His clothing immaculate and formal. He was looked well put together in every sense of the word.

     Wyatt gave me a short wave and a wink that I was sure only I caught.

"You are?" Cruz asked, his attention still on Joshua.

     Now it was Cruz's turn to be elbowed by Wyatt who frowned at him. Wyatt shot me a look and mouthed a sorry.

"I'm Joshua. Best friend and basically brother of this beanstalk." Joshua said casually, wrapping an arm around my shoulders while Marley moved to shower Wyatt in kisses to which he eagerly accepted.

"I'm still on the fact that Wyatt has a whole ass boyfriend and he still barely speaks to me." The taller man cried indignantly.

"He says you're always boring him to death." Cruz quipped, looking slightly humored.

"Wyatt, River. I'll catch you guys later. I have business to attend to." Joshua commented as he stared off at a longtime crush of his; Jennifer who was making her way down the sidewalk.

"O-okay." I stammered, nervous in the company of Cruz and this other man.

"So. Boyfriends. Have you two done the nasty? I knew I should have given you the talk about safety." The taller man rambled, causing Wyatt to blush as I was pinned in the gazes of both Cruz and the other man.

"I-I. We haven't sir." I stammered awkwardly, feeling my heart thump wildly in my chest as Wyatt cleared his throat, narrowing those pretty brown eyes of his at the two overprotective men.

"I won't tolerate you two chasing off poor River." He piped up, smacking them both in the chest.

"Puchito." The taller man complained as the little Wyatt began shoving them off.

"Nope. Tell your father I said hello." Wyatt tacked on as he followed them off to a rather nice looking car that was a particularly distinct shade of black. It seemed to look like a void; eliminating the curves and angles of the car's body that I expected to see.

      With a rather animated goodbye the two men left shortly after, Wyatt staring off after them for a while before turning back to me, his eyes lighting up at the sight of Marley.

"So I get visits now." Wyatt asked as he crouched down to give Marley some rubs behind her ears.

"She tugged me over." I admitted sheepishly as he smiled up at me.