Chapter 4

We were climbing up mount snifles.

"C'mon boys, we'll be home by sundown," Hannah shouted. Me and Hannah had bonded a bit over the walk. Talking about the stupid guys in our life.

"So, I've noticed a... connection between you and Shawn, do you like him?" Hannah asked.

"W-What no of course not I mean I met him the day before yesterday!" I said embarrassed, was I that obvious.

"It's pretty obvious, plus he seems to like you too," Hannah said.

"You think?"

"Yeah!"

We got to the top of the mountain.

"There it is!"

"What do you need to do with it?"

"Inside there's a black box that has recorded everything for the last ten years, it'll tell me a lot about Max, what he was doing when he went missing."

"Trevor I'm really sorry we're gonna have to go now," Hannah said, I looked up it looked like a thunder storm was coming.

"Must be corroded." Trevor said as he was trying his best to pull out the sensor.

"We have to go, okay we have to take cover c'mon," Hannah said and took us towards a cave.

We got to the cave and Trevor was still out there.

"Trevor!"

"Uncle Trevor!"

"Trevor get in here!"

"Yeah heh!" Trevor shouted as he got the sensor out of the ground. "OH OW!" Lightning was following Trevor's tracks.

"TREVOR HURRY UP!"

"TREVOR RUN AND DROP THE SENSOR! ITS ATTRACTING THE LIGHTNING!"

"AHHHH!" Trevor shouted as he jumped into the cave.

I woke up, Shawn was above me trying to shake me awake. I coughed.

"W-Where are we?" I said shaking.

"Well, when Trevor jumped in the cave, it kinda fell on top of us," Shawn said, he hugged me as I got up, "And I thought you were dead, thank god you're not!"

"My gut says we go right," Trevor said as he pointed his flashlight towards the far right tunnel. I got up. We started to walk down it.

"Looks promising. If we put one foot in front of the other we'll be outta here in no time, don't worry direction is My sixth sense. Pay attention, Shawn and Madi, it's just like doing field work, I used to love doing field work." Trevor said he was about to step over the edge.

"WATCH OUT!" Hannah shouted and grabbed Trevor.

"I ship them," I whispered to Shawn.
We looked down, and the drop looked way further than 10 feet.

"What does this say?" Trevor asked.

"Aldama Bala, that means keep out," Hannah said, Shawn looked a little scared. It was kinda cute.

"Maybe that's decent advice?" I said.

"No this could lead us to a abandoned mineshaft."

"Shawn I want you to time the time that it takes to lose sight of the flare you got it?"

"Yeah."

"Okay 3..2...1, WOAH!" Trevor said and lifted the flare up it exploded. We all fell to the other side of the cave.

"Yup, Magnesium."

"Magnesium is kinda flammable isn't it Trevor?" I asked.

"Yeah! Hannah's got flares, gunpowder, matchsticks."

"Well maybe gunpowder and flares aren't so good down here," Hannah said and she passed Trevor a glow stick.

"It's the same principle. Okay 3..2..1."

"1...2... all- almost three."

"*Mumbles* it's 200 feet."

"That's no problem."

"Bout your average 20 story building high rise, you got enough rope?"

"I always have enough rope."

"Nope- no problem for what?" Shawn asked.

"Repelling down in there," I said.

"We're gonna be repelled into that deep dark hole."

"You got a problem with that?"

"There's no way we should be repelling into that hole!"

"What are you talking about? What you're man enough to call dibs on the mountain guide but you're afraid to climb down a little piece of rope!" Me and Hannah looked at each other.

"Calling dibs on the mountain guide i-!"

"No one gets dibs on the mountain guide! We're going down there."

Trevor started to climb down.

"It's all good down here! You guys are coming down right?" Trevor asked.

"Alright Shawn, it's gonna be alright. We're gonna repel you down there and we're all connected, so nothing bad is gonna happen," Hannah said as Shawn started to climb down.

"Okay Madi, you and Shawn will be fine," Hannah teased as I started to climb down.

"I don't like him I told you already!" I laughed.

"Yeah sure!" She laughed.

"Okay Shawn, make conversation with me," I said when I got to Shawn.

"So um, M-Madi do you come here often?" He stuttered. Trevor and I both laughed.

"Oh please that can't be the best line you've come up with?"

"IM MAKING CONVERSATION WITH HER!"

"No Shawn I don't come here often," I said as I was looking for a good rock to put my foot on.

We kept repelling.

"Hey look at all this shist!" Trevor said.

"What?"

"It's a metamorphic rock, green shist, gardin shist, mica-gardin shist," I said.

"Oh, shist."

"Look it's everywhere, look at it, I guess- yoahhhhh," Trevor started before he fell.

"TREVOR!" Shawn shouted. When Trevor fell he pulled everyone up.

"GET TO THE WALL TREVOR!" Hannah shouted.

"I CANT THE WALLS TO WIDE DOWN HERE!"

"TREVOR YOUR ROPE IS CAUGHT ON MINE, IT'LL TAG US ALL DOWN SO IM GONNA HAVE TO CUT YOU LOSE!"

"NO HANNAH DONT!" Me and Shawn yelled.

"W-WAIT WAIT WAIT!"

"HANNAH! TREVOR!" I shouted, Trevor fell and hit the floor.

"Hey guys found it! The bottoms right here!" Trevor shouted, I landed on the floor.