Asch's Laugh (Ch21)

En başından başla

"Y/n please, calm down. You're becoming hysterical." Rhys states calmly, but I'm having a full boil over. This has never happened before...

I just want to yell, scream, hit something but I know that won't help me right now. I breathe in and out, trying to calm down, then I felt something.

"Uh, guys. Someone is here." I say looking around, my ears open listening for a sound. I hear something... It sounds like... water splashing?

"This way," I say leading the way, the others just absentmindedly follow. I make my way to the spell pool only to see Ava, sitting in it?

"Ava. What are you doing?" I ask looking at her curiously. She turns to me and smiles. To my amazement... I don't feel angry anymore...

"Hiii!" She exclaims happily and I walk over to her so that I'm next to her but not in the water. Sitting down, I look at her with my head tilted slightly.

"What are you doing and why are you here?" I ask, extremely confused, yet amused by her behaviour.

"Well originally, I wanted to yell and stab you guys with my giant novelty pencil because I was mad at myself for kinda letting you guys into my life without question. Buutt, I then stumbled upon your hot tub and forgave myself for not asking questions. But then I got mad at you guys for not telling me you had an amazing hot tub!" Ava rumbled and honestly, I'm more confused.

"Hot tub?" I ask hoping she would start to explain more about Earth. The sooner I know as much as I can the better. Maybe she would even want me to stay if I showed her how hard I'm willing to work for it.

"Mmhhmm! It's something humans use to relax. You know what, if you guys let me use this hot tub whenever I want I'll tell you guys more about the human world. 'kay?" Ava states and I nod at her smiling.

"Sure!" I say happily and she giggles, "Well don't just sit there. Come on in with me!" She exclaims and I look at her wide-eyed.

"I-in the water?" I stutter. I never stutter! "Yeesss! Come on!" She exclaims, I just sit cross-legged and look at her uncomfortably.

"I, uh... Don't like water." I say sheepishly in a tone only she can hear.

"Trust me, girl, it's safe. Just take off your clothes so you're dressed like me and hop in." She says smiling and I look at what she's wearing.

To be frank it's not a lot.

"Uh, I don't know Ava," I say looking at her and then the water. "Well if you won't, come on guys! Come into the water with me! Y/n won't..." She says the last part sadly.

Pierce, without hesitation, just walks in. The others hesitantly follow. All of them fully clothed might I add which is not good for the metal of their armour but whatever.

"Come ooonnn y/n!" Ava whines. I groan and take off anything metal before sitting, uncomfortably, into the water.

"Aww does y/n not like the water?" Leif asks and a baby voice and I growl at him which only makes him laugh.

Ava starts asking about Daemos and why we came to Earth. Rhys and Asch manage to lie surprisingly well. But I still tune out of the conversations and drown in my own thoughts for a bit. I tend to do this a lot lately. Once again, never used to do this on Daemos. I was always aware of every conversation and the goings-on.

"Why are humans so docile? I haven't seen any of them try to kill each other. Or us." Asch says and I roll my eyes. He must have noticed as he glares daggers at me, "What?" He growls and I groan. I can't be bothered right now.

"Have you ever thought that humans are docile because they don't feel the need to be an asshole and kill people unnecessarily? Have you ever even once considered that these humans are extremely evolved compared to us and don't need to kill each other?" I ask look at him with a 'you're an idiot' expression.

"So you're saying they're superior?" Rhys asks and I smirk, "Weelll..." I say suggesting that Rhys is correct but I'm not dumb enough to say yes.

"Well?!" Asch exclaims and I roll my eyes at him again, "What do you think Asch?" I snap at him and he growls. No surprise there though.

"Grr! Whatever! What are we doing anyway!? What use is talking like this?! It's just nonsense and rumble!" Asch complains and Ava chuckles.

"Because it's what friends do I-" She stops what she's saying goes wide-eyed. I look at her surprised, she called all of us... Her friends.

"Uhh, Noi. How did you like pizza?" Ava asks trying to ignore what she just stated.

"It's amazing!" Noi exclaims happily and Rhys's eyes light up. "Pizza? Is that like ice-cream?" He asks and Ava looks over to him.

"It's better than ice-cream!" Ava chirps and Rhys's face turns cold. "Don't speak such lies!" He demands and I look at him in shock, does he seriously like ice-cream that much?

Ava goes to walk over to Rhys and tell him why what she's saying isn't lies and she falls over.

I go to laugh until I hear someone else laughing, I look up and see Asch is laughing. I've never seen Asch laugh before...

It's so... I don't know... but I... I feel my face heat up and I can't stop looking at him, what's going on right now?! Why can't I get over the fact he's laughing?! And why do I love it so much?!

GAH! STOP THINKING!!

While I'm having a mental breakdown everyone else looks at Asch. No one has ever seen him laugh before and honestly, everyone is pretty gobsmacked.

Ava splashes him with water and he stops laughing, this makes everyone else laugh. Expect me. I just keep looking at him, I've never been more confused in my life.

"Y/n are you okay?" I hear Ava ask. I snap out of it and turn away before anyone can notice... Well, at least I hoped.

"Your face is all red! Are you sure you're okay?!" Noi asks and I just sort of sit there not knowing what to do or say.

"I uh..." Mumble uncertainly, "Wait... Are you blushing?" Ava asks and I look at her confused, "Blushing. It's the red thing my face does when something embarrassing happens or I have a cru-" Ava stops talking and looks over to Asch and then back at me.

"Nevermind. Don't want to get into that." Ava says before sitting back down. Everyone looks at me confused and I've become extremely uncomfortable.

"I'm gonna go. Bye." Was all I managed to say before getting up and just going. I can't believe what just happened!! What the actual fu-