Preface

Sorry if this is boring, but chapter one should be a bit better (I hope...)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The happy home of Jacksonville swallowed me whole, landing me in the icy blue living room. The pictures, which covered every visible inch of the wall, beamed down on me as I traveled, alone, through the empty house. I treaded up the hard wooden stairs that twirled and coiled like a cobra choking its prey. At the silky soft landing I twisted my round, reflective door knob on my squeaky white door. I stared at the honey colored wood flooring as I entered my pale yellow room, taking in the bright afternoon sun’s dazzling- inspiring, almost- light. I listened to my footsteps, muted by my teal and green area rug, as I traveled through my room. The warm, delicate sunrays heated up my pale skin. As a breeze snuck through the window (which I left open a crack), the smell of trees and dew, along with freshly cut grass, gently glided through the room, invading my trustworthy nose. The breeze brought with it the humming and buzzing of insects, and the sing-song chirping of the various, beautiful birds. The comforting, warm (yet cool), soothing air tasted sweet to my happy mouth , whispering very softly, slowly, in my sensitive ears. The breeze ruffled my bronze and copper hair, stirring my pencil wrapped curls around my face. My peaceful emerald eyes fluttered open automatically, and a sigh (that I failed at trying to stifle) escaped my now thirsty mouth. This was the only time I had to be alone, enveloped in my own bizarre (and yet so glorious), imaginary world that I love so much and tend to visit frequently every day. My dreamt of solitary confinement. This was the only time I had to myself, to be all alone. My long yearned for fifteen minutes were ticking away. Ticking by too fast.