Chapter 2: Thomas

And less than two minutes later, we were sitting at a table, accompanied by two new coffees, laughing and chatting away. He told me his name is Thomas. Thomas, I discovered within a short amount of time, was a chatty boy that constantly had something to talk about. He had a unique way of telling me about his struggling acting career in a way that made me laugh my embarrassing cackling laugh. His eyes lit up as he talked about how much he wanted to be in an action movie and he used his whole body, waving his tanned arms around and using hand gestures, to tell me the story. I had no choice but to sit there, in the plastic orange chair of the small café, concentrate and try not to get distracted by him. It's difficult not to, with his caramel coloured hair swept to the side, tanned skin and big, deep brown eyes. I didn't have the time to process what was happening, nor think about the situation. I was trying my very best to act as natural as possible, but considering not a single boy had even looked my way in months, since I left sixth year, I felt like screaming. So much energy bubbled inside of me that I had to purposefully slow down my breathing. He stopped, mid - conversation. "Oh my gosh, I haven't let you get a word in, I'm so sorry" I laughed nervously. "It's fine"

"I just" for once, he paused. "I tend to talk a lot when I get nervous" now it was his turn to laugh unsurely, his confidence lessening. This made mine rise, and I surprised myself in speaking up. "Your nervous, are you?" I smirked. He was suddenly uncharacteristically shy, looked down at his coffee and mixed it with a plastic spoon, but I could see him smile. I started to tell him about my life, my new flat and tried my best to add in as many witty anecdotes as he did, but I wasn't as good at that as I thought I would be.