46. Lights!Camera!!Caution!!!

Entering his room, Viraj closed the door behind himself and let his body grace the floor with a thud.

He finally knew why he was turned down.

Taking in a deep sigh, he let his head fall back onto the bed and closed his eyes.

Flashback

Two months had passed since they started shooting and he found himself looking at her more often. Her chirpiness and smile kept everyone engaged in a pleasant way. For the first time in life, he was craving someone’s company so much.

“So what did you want to tell me, Viraj?”  Guddan tapped his shoulder, breaking his reverie.

Turning to face her, Viraj smiled. He could already envision them going on dates and doing silly things.

“The thing is Guddan….I like you! Don’t ask me why or how because I don’t know myself but when I am with you, I feel comfortable being myself…I don’t have to try hard to pretend who I am not. You know it’s like….”Trailing with his ramblings, Viraj who had his head down till now out of embarrassment looked up at the unusually silent Guddan, only to find her face painted with shock.

Viraj stopped, his earlier shy smile disappearing into dread.

“Guddan….” He trailed worried.He had never seen her making such expression.

In response, she turned her face away and clutched her left arm with her right.

“I am sorry Viraj but I don’t feel the same…”  She mumbled under her breath.

Viraj’s eyes widened and soon a cackle escaped out of his lips, “You don’t have to make such a face! Geez!”

Guddan looked at him confused as he stuffed his hands into his pockets. “You were making an expression as if your rejection will tear me apart or something like that!”

Unknown to him, at this sentence Guddan flinched as she recalled something unpleasant.

“Look, you not feeling the same doesn’t mean you are incapable of feeling it. Give me a chance, let’s get to know each other, hang out and even then if your thoughts don’t change, I won’t ever bug you again. What say?!” Viraj proposed.

“I am sorry but I can’t…” Guddan replied, unnerving him finally.

“But, why?” Viraj asked, taking a step close, “Am I that unlikeable?!”

Guddan nodded her head in negative but chose to keep her mouth shut. It wasn’t about him, it was about her and….

“Atleast tell me a re--

“Guddan!” Viraj was interrupted as a voice called out to her and Karan stepped into their view.

“Karan!” Guddan smiled slightly as Karan approachedher and took a thorough look at her face.

“Are you free now? Why don’t we go out for lunch and catch up?” Karan asked as Guddan nodded thankful for his intervention.

However as they started leaving, Viraj stopped Guddan by catching her wrist. “You can’t go like this! At least tell me--

Viraj hissed suddenly as his hand was pushed off Guddan’s as Karan glared his way, “Back off Mr. Kapoor or consequences will be dire!”.

And with that Karan took Guddan away, leaving Viraj with a stinging wrist.

~*~*~*~*~*~

“I came off too strong yesterday…I should apologise..” Viraj murmured to himself as he pushed open the door to Guddan’s room.