NWSL 2017 Week 7, Dress Shopping, and a Lake Trip

Start from the beginning

It took 6 dresses, mimosa's, and several inappropriate comments from Des and Erika coupled with boisterous laughter from Lo and the crasher KO (and several mom level stares from Amy and Nicole combined) to narrow down the style she wanted. They decided to look further at dresses that were fitted at the top in a corset type style, but then opened and flowed more to form a small train on the floor.

"Alright el Captain let's see it!" Kelley cheered as Becky had her mom help her into the next dress.

"KO give her a moment." Amy said as she lightly slapped the arm of her teammate. "You have no idea how long it takes to get in and out of those things. She'll come out when she is ready."

KO stuck her tongue out in response before getting distracted by Erika and Lo. Their laughter calmed any flared nerves as they waited for Becky to exit the dressing room.

"Oh honey..." Jane fought back tears as she took a step back. She wanted to full view of this dress. "This just might be it."

"You think?" Uncertainty colored Becky's voice as she looked down at it. She thought it was beautiful, but was it the dress?

Jane took Becky's hand and led her out of the dressing room the semi-circle of mirrors. The women sat up straight when they heard the door open. Becky heard a few of them gasp, but she wasn't sure who it was. She was too busy staring at the mirrors. The dress seemed to fit her perfectly. It highlighted her curves and yet flowed gently below her waist. She twirled slightly, not taking her eyes off her reflection.

"Broon..." It was Yael who spoke first. "That is an absolutely lovely dress."

"Do you truly think so?" Becky turned and carefully took a few steps so she could face her friends.

"Oh definitely." Yael said. "It is simply...you."

"The crystals are beautiful under the lights." Lo chimed in. "They really draw attention to your frame."

"I like how the top fits but it isn't too tight." Kelley voiced. "Alyssa's draw will drop." Her compliment painted red across Becky's cheeks.

"Do you want a veil with it?" Amy asked. "Or is that too traditional?"

The bride to be paused to consider the question.

"I never really imagined wearing one." She shrugged. "I like to keep my face clear, so I can see the field. Or the wedding."

"I think you will look beautiful regardless." Desiree took her chance to voice her opinion. "I mean that dress fits your waist like a dream and you can hide the scarred legs. All you need is a cute pair of shoes to peek out of the bottom while you walk."

"No tall heels." Becky drew the line. "But kitten heels...if I can dye them our dark blue would be absolutely beautiful."

"And add a silver sash. To accent your waist." Amy proposed.

She took a piece of ribbon that Daphne had left behind while she went to browse for shoes that would go well with the dress. Amy wrapped it around Becky's waist and held it together at the back.

"Oh Amy, you're a genius." Yael spoke breathlessly.

"You'll have a splash of your wedding colors on you in a very elegant fashion." Desiree commented while Barnie nodded her agreement.

Amy helped the blonde turn so she could see herself in the mirror. She raised up slightly on her toes to mimic kitten heels, then swayed gently. Tears formed in the corners of her eyes and fell down her cheeks before Becky could wipe them away. This was it. This was the wedding dress she had been dreaming of since she knew Alyssa was the one. The dress she was wearing was the dress she wanted to have her dad walk her down the aisle in.