Chapter 11

Chapter 11 Who knew

I walked into the lobby and every single head turned. I didn't feel beautiful but supposedly i was. My heels clacked against the floor as i walked outside into the frigid night air. I stepped into the car and Mason did the same. He handed me something that had a left and right on it.

"Contacts, your mom would know your eyes. Besides Emmy had brown eyes," he said pointing at the contacts.

I opened the case and put them in, now i really didn't look like me. But then again i would never truely be whole again. My dad's gone, so is Ophelia, and my mom is soon to be dead. Then there was Mason, even though i loved him i had a hard time convincing myself that i actually did. I knew that as long as i was with Mason my life it wouldn't be normal. I would always be hunted.

We parked the car across the street and i stepped out. Mason handed me an earwig and i slipped it in. I watched as ,couples and waitors were stopping at a bouncer. I guessed that you had to have a password to get in. Okay so what would be a password for my somewhat loving drug dealer/mom. I knew i had one shot at this. I hooked my arm around Masons and crossed the street. I saw a woman in front of us whisper a name it wasn't numbers just a name. Another man went and i read his lips i knew exactly what it was. I walked up to the door and the man stopped me.

"Password," said a gruff voice.

I leaned in and whispered in his ear "Jean,".

The man unlocked the door and let us in. Mason looked at me and asked "How did you know what the password was,"

"My mother used my middle name," i said looking at him.

"Jean, was the password," he said with astonishment.

"Yes and speaking of the devil do you see her," i said looking straight at her.

She was standing in a white buisiness suit drinking a cocktail and a deep convrsation with an associate.

"Uh no but i do see a lot of strippers," he said pointing around.

I looked around and saw that there was a poker table a bar and well strippers. What was she playing at? Clearly she had an angle here. I walked forward and unhooked my arm from Masons and whispered "Poker is the first test that gets you tomorrow and i swear that killing someone is a test,"

"Again Caden- i mean Emmy you amaze me," he said looking around.

"Always the tone of surprise," i said with a smile.

"Emmy, darling who is that man standing next to Ms. Watson,'' Mason said as a sour looking couple walked out.

I followed Masons gaze and the world started to spin and i whispered " Evan thats my dad!"

"What!" he shrieked.

I clapped my hand over his mouth and said " Mason trust me on this its my dad let me handle it u need you to play poker just do it my moms favorite thing is gossip, let me handle it,"

I pushed him away and he sat down at the poker table. I walked over to the bar passing every kind of person in the planet. The sleeze bags were by the strippers and the dealers were at the the poker table and the rest were at the bar. I ordered a dry martini with olives. When it was ready i sat down at the couch that was near my mom and dad. The thing that was getting to me was my dad. My mom told me he was dead and a good man so what was he doing here.I recognized him from a picture of all of us.

I sipped the martini and cringed god that was gross.

"The martinis here will kill you if you dont get it dry," said a deep voice that could only be my mothers.