Chapter 5 - In Which the Lizards Feed

Start from the beginning

   "Two can play that game, Diavolo!"

   His voice seemed to come out of thin air, and he was nowhere to be seen. Until a green hand came close to hitting Diavolo.

   "Look out, Boss!"

   Diavolo defended from the attack, just in time, but Ruche appeared to him only as a shade, disappearing as quickly as he attacked.

   "Your King Crimson truly has remarkable power..."

   Another attack, once again barely avoided by Diavolo.

   "...and your reflexes are on point..."

   A punch grazed Diavolo's head, making a cut on his cheek.

   "...but it's just that..."

   Another attack, hitting Diavolo in the gut, not strong enough to kill, but making Diavolo immediately bow down and cough blood.

   "...reflexes. How long until you are too tired to react?"

   Diavolo tried hitting the air in order to find Ruche, but to no avail.

   "Pathetic. If at least you had your prediction..."

    He appeared again, behind Diavolo, ready to deal a final blow directly to his unaware head.

   "...you could try to not die so-"

*STAB*

   Before he could finish his assault, Doppio had thrown a knife in Ruche's direction, hitting him in the back.

   "You forget..."
   Doppio struggled to rise to his feet, stumbling.

   "...that we still have Epitaph on our side."

   Ruche immediately tried to reach the knife on his back, while Diavolo pushed him away and used King Crimson to safely get away from him, and he now stood near Doppio, holding his torso with one hand.

   "Boss, his ability is similar to King Crimson, it cannot attack while he's invisible!"

   "I see..."

   Ruche finally managed to take off the knife, and now stared angrily at Doppio.

   "You little..."

   He summoned Cirkus Lizard and ran towards them.

   "YOU LITTLE SHIT!"

   As he started to turn invisible, Diavolo turned to Doppio.

   "Doppio, tell me where he is going to reappear."

   Instead of answering Diavolo, Doppio shouted, directing his words at Ruche.

   "WHY DON'T YOU STOP HIDING BEHIND YOUR FRIEND?"

   Up until that point, even when invisible, they could hear Ruche's loud stomps towards their direction. However, they had now stopped. Diavolo looked at Doppio, confused.

   "What... what do you mean?"

   "ARE YOU REALLY THAT MUCH OF A COWARD, RUCHE? PUT LOYAL BACK AND FACE US YOURSELF!"

   "Doppio, what are you-"

   Ruche reappeared, furious looking and facing them. He was muttering to himself but still walked in their direction, slowly. While he did, many of the fallen puppets fallen on the ground had started moving.

   "Doppio what have you done?!"

   Doppio turned to Diavolo, slightly annoyed by the fact that he hadn't yet realized it yet. Then, he whispered.