i want to be alone...

In the wee hours of the morning, it was obvious that much was not going to happen. The sky was a dark blue and was still showing a few stars, with crows standing on the power lines outside the Uomasa apartment complex in the Shizuoka prefecture of Japan. While the prefecture itself was very large, the Uomasa building was small and in a smaller area of Shizuoka. And it was very clear that the seven people that lived there (five apartments lived in out of thirty-six) weren't night owls or early birds of any kind. Except Dabi, of apartment 602.

Crying wasn't a normal occurrence for Dabi at all, and right now wasn't any real exception. But he felt like crying. His skin was burning at an even faster rate than before as of late, and he was feeling sore and was always in pain. He wanted to scream and cry and hold himself and cry some more, but he couldn't. If there was one thing he was taught early in life, he had to keep quiet and not show any signs of weakness-not even to himself.

All he remembered were his own tears from when he was five or six years old; maybe even seven, but that was truly a stretch. He had been beaten to almost death by his abusive father, and all he wanted to do was cry. So he did. But the second he even bothered to let out a sobbing noise, his father kicked him in the face and told him to toughen up-that he couldn't become strong with that attitude. So he never cried after that.

Now he was laying on his bed, wearing nothing but a black t-shirt and a pair of boxers, curled up and feeling a burning sensation everywhere on his body from using his Quirk earlier in the day. And let him tell you, the world really sucked right now. All he wanted to do was die. And maybe-just maybe-he would end up killing him self one day without even trying. Accidental suicide... was that even a thing? He didn't know, but it was possible that one day, he would find out.

He stood up slowly... he really had to be slow, otherwise his freshly burnt-off skin on his inner thighs would rub together and cause him to experience some hellish pain. He took steps as slow as he could without hurting himself, but as fast as he could to get over to his destination. He made his way over to the window within a few minutes and looked outside of it. There were bright white stars poking out of a completely black sky, a tree in the front of the apartment complex that Dabi sill didn't know the name of that had lost all of its leaves because of the upcoming winter, and his bicycle parked at the bike rack behind said tree. It was the only bike there; everyone else at Uomasa had cars, or at least, could drive.

Right now, being unable to move without hurting himself; being unable to even try and use his Quirk without hurting himself, Dabi felt like a hostage in his own body. Like his body was a prison cell that his consciousness had been put in for every life sentence imaginable. Damn, his dad would be pissed off if he saw him like this. Suffering and doing nothing to get over it, depressed and about to spill every tear. His dad would make him just a corpse laying in a puddle of blood by the end of it all.

But his Dad wasn't here. And he was grateful for that.

Stumbling slowly back over to his bed, Dabi laid down, his head on his pillow and his blanket in a small pile on the floor. He lazily reached over with his left hand and pulled the blanket over him; it just covered his torso and his thighs, but it was at least something. He let out a soft sigh, closing his eyes and gently drifting off to sleep.