11 - BATHROOM STALLS

Start from the beginning

Steve and Zoe found themselves looking up at the ceiling, the lights creating some dazzling effect. Robin than began staring at the sky in curiosity, awe-struck by the pretty view the lights provided. Quickly, Zoe clutched on her stomach, knowing exactly what was about to happen. And by the looks of it, Robin and Steve looked just as sick as her. The three of them ran towards the girls bathroom, finding themselves occupying a stall next to the other— puking to their heart's content.

Zoe pulled her hair back, hoping not to get any vomit on her already messy hair. After she emptied out her stomach, she grabbed a few pieces of toilet paper and wiped her mouth, flushing it down the toilet along with the rest of her contents. As the other two had done the same, Zoe propped her knees up, voluntarily holding them against her chest. "The ceiling stopped spinning for me." Robin commented. "Is it still spinning for you guys?"

Steve and Zoe looked up, coming to the same conclusion as Robin. The ceiling had stopped spinning for them as well. "You think we puked it all up?"

Zoe groaned, "I don't know about you guys, but I still feel like it's in my system. Ask me something."

Steve huffed a laugh, "Okay, this question goes out to you girls— when's the last time you guys peed your pants?"

Zoe and Robin answered, "Today." Although the two girls couldn't see each other, they both were surprised with the others answer.

"What?" Steve asked.

"When the Russian doctor took out the bone saw." Robin stated, causing Zoe and Steve to laugh. "It was just a little bit though!"

Steve laughed, "Yeah, it's definitely still in her system. What about you Zoe? Why did you pee today?"

Zoe smiled into her arms, "When my nail was being ripped out of my finger. I couldn't hold it in anymore." She admitted embarrassingly, causing Robin and Steve to laugh as well.

"Alright, my turn." Robin said. "Have you guys... ever been in love?"

Steve groaned slightly, "Yep. Nancy Wheeler. First semester, senior year." He made the sound effect of a lame gun being shot off.

"Oh, my God. She's such a priss." Robin said, not impressed with Steve's lame answer. Neither was Zoe, who happened to believe that Nancy was just like any other suburban girl.

Steve hummed, "Turns out, not really." He wanted to turn the attention from him. "What about you Zoe? You haven't answered yet."

Zoe frowned, "No. I've never been in love. But I would like to. Even if it ends in heartbreak, I think it's just part of the experience, right? But, there's definitely someone on my mind. How about you Robin? Have you ever been in love?" Zoe asked. Robin stayed silent. "Guys? Did you OD over there?"

Robin stifled a laugh, "Nope, still alive."

Zoe heard Steve get up from his stall, motioning for Zoe to follow him into Robin's stall. So she did. Robin stared at her hands, avoiding contact from her two friends. "What's wrong Robin? Your never this quite." Zoe moved in closer to the girl, while Steve sat on the other side, just as concerned.

"I'm not like your other friends. And I'm not like Nancy Wheeler." She replied plainly. Zoe and Steve furrowed their eyebrows.

"That's exactly why we like you, Robin." Steve tried comforting her, but she kept going.

"Do you guys remember what I said about Click's class? About me being jealous and, like, obsessed?" Steve and Zoe nodded in return. "It isn't because I had a crush on you Steve." She said. Zoe furrowed her eyebrows, that was not the impression she had gotten when they were talking about Click's class but now that she thought about it— it certainly made sense. "It's because... she wouldn't stop staring at you."