Daylight

Note: I hope y'all are ok with the fact that this is a bit different than everything that's been happening before. Please let me know if you want more of it in the future or not. I appreciate every single one of you that is still sticking around. :) I have used Taylor Swifts lyrics of the song 'Daylight'

This chapter is dedicated to @oldfashionedlovergirlsblog on tumblr for giving me a few prompts to work with :)

SMUT WARNING!!! 

The next day in the studio was restless. Especially for Roger.

Brian basically warned him about how things between him and you could never EVER work.

"Think about he future" Brian said. "She is young and you're far from that, Rog. She'll want to marry, have kids.. Do you really want to hold her back from living life like that? Throw away everything you've establish with Sarina? "

The words kept repeating in his head as he watched you set up your microphone on the other side of the room. He watched you as you were standing there, excitement in your eyes and a crumbled up, folded piece of paper in your hand. You carefully opened the paper, trying not to bruise it any more.

He saw you wave at him with a smile and your lips moving. Too lost in thought, forgetting to press the button that let your voice shine through the speakers.

"Oh sorry, what was it, (Y/N)?" Roger's voice was quiet, his eyes half lidded in thought and his mouth in a small line.

"is everything alright? " you asked, he put on a fake smile gave you a thumbs up and pressed a button and the playback started rolling.

"My love was as cruel as the cities I lived in

Everyone looked worse in the light

There are so many lines that I've crossed unforgiven

I'll tell you the truth but never goodbye"

The sound changed, you changed. But the sad look on Roger's face remained. "I'll tell you the truth but never goodbye"? He thought it must be obviously about Josh. That all of this was a mistake and now you felt guilty. He wanted to leave the studio, stop keeping his hopes up high, hoping that Brian was wrong all along.

"Could we do that again? I'm not so sure about this first verse" you called from the other side.

"Sure" he replayed the whole sequence when the first chorus kicked in.

"I don't wanna look at anything else now that I saw you

I don't wanna think of anything else now that I thought of you" he still didn't get the memo, even when you tried to make eye contact with him. He never looked your way.

"I've been sleeping so long in a 20 year dark light

And now I see daylight, I only see daylight"

"so how was it? " you hurried through the door, in anticipation for his opinion.

"great" he kept his head down, pretending to set everything up for the next song.

"didn't you like it? Why are you acting so strange?"

"s'alright"

"no, something is wrong"

"That's where you are right! I'm married for God's sake. " he blurted out with a raised voice, throwing his hands in the air.

You felt your heart brea. And the hot tears started to dribble down your cheeks. You didn't even know what to say anymore. Roger was trying his best not to give in and show his feelings, to apologize for his sudden outburst, but he remained in his seat.