Part 5-Uncomfortable Dinner & Amira?

Rajveer's POV

"So her parents aren't religious?", Abimbola looks at Kabeer who's helping the rest of the kids set the table for the dinner date with his girlfriend's family and his.#

"Uh no but Tiffany is", he responds in a whisper.

"Okay, so today's rules, no one is to insult anyone and no butting into the conversation when you are not needed. Okay?", I tell the kids who nod.

"Gr-".

The bell rings cutting me off. I looka t Abimbola who breaths out slowly.

"Okay Kabeer come. The rest of y'all fix the table", she whispers.

The kids nod as we walk out with Kabeer in between us. I unlock the door and open it. Four unfamilar faces comes to view. The dad, possibly brother, Tiffany herself then her mom who is dressed as if she just came back from some party. For God's sale, the woman is in a short tight dress which literally ends at her tighs. I can tell Abimbola is already annoyed. She's all with the wear your own shit as long as it ain't her or her kids wearing stuff like that. But come on, it's different if you are coming to meet your daughter's boyfriend'd familuy. She could've been respectful to cover up a little at least. Tiffany herself is in a black dress which ends at her calves with her red hair curled and let down. Her brother who has dreads is just in somem sweatpants an white shirt while her father is in some black pants and white shirt.

I look at Abimbola who's staring more at the mother as she pops her gum. 

"Hi, am Tiffany, nice to meet you", Tiffany speaks up with a smile on her face.

"Rajveer and my wife Abimbola, you of course know our son Kabeer", I nod. She smiles while looking at him and when he returns the gesture, she looks down shyly.

"This is my mom Brenda, my dad Chris and my elder brother Tyrone", she introduces. I just give them a small smile.

"Come in", Abimbola mumbles.

I shut the door behind them and take a deep breath before following them into the living room where the rest of the kids are standing waiting patiently.

"Your kids?", Tyrone asks.

"Yeah, this is Kabeer's twin brother, Kareem, their little brothers Hamza and Saleem and little sister Salma".

"Hello, nice to meet you", the kids smile.

Everyone sits down but me and Abimbola.  I help her serve everyone while earning shocked looks from their family. Guess they expected me to be seated while my wife served, not in my family. 

"Enjoy", we finally sit down and everyone digs in.

Kabeer and Tiffany occasionally glanced at each other thinking nobody was looking. I guess he really does like her.

"So how long y'all been together?", Chris asks Kabeer who clears his throat and looks at Tiffany then at us.

"4 months", he whispers.

"Well damn", Abimbola mumbles.

"What do you want from her?", Tyrone asks.

"What do you mean?", Kabeer replies.

"Why are youb with her? For sex or what?".

"Don't use that word, kids are in here", Abimbola says.

"My bad", Tyrone mumbles glancing towards Salma and Saleem who are just watching everthing with widened eyes.

"We're not together for that", Kabeer mumbles.

"Well she's not but you might be", Tyrone says as he stares intensely at Kabeer.