Chapter 1 - Exposure

(Insert song: Ava Max - Sweet But Pyscho)

It's been roughly a year and a half since I discovered my powers. I experimented and tested them out on objects almost everyday. Although I still couldn't figure out the details and extent of my powers were, I now could use them for a lot of useful things. At first, I thought what I had was telepathy but turned out my powers weren't as instant or limited to only moving things. Sometimes I wished for things to happen or transform, and it would just happen no matter how random it was. I couldn't wish for something that were never there or that I never had though, like wishing for money or for me to turn into a girl, which was a bummer. But they were still very handy. I called them jinx-ing. I was lucky nobody, besides Joe's gang, knew about it. I kind of threatened them to not tell anyone about it and broke one or two of their phones, to make a point. Luckily, they were dumb and afraid. I didn't only use this to threat some bullies though, as for these past few months, I managed to take down some local burglars and gangs I happened to meet randomly, which were quite often. Perhaps these powers do come with a side effect of attracting bad things to me. I also didn't tell my mom and my currently-outside-of-the-region dad. Handling the news that I'm gay was already a lot for them to handle and/or tolerate. I wish I could ease up their minds around the fact, but unluckily, my powers didn't include controlling people's mind.

BAAM

Suddenly I heard a shot. Everyone became panicked. Some ran and hid. It was supposed to be my shopping by myself day. But it just so happened the mall was going to be robbed that day. I walked towards a changing room, took out my not so appealing blue track suits and matching blue colored pollution mask along with a bunny-shaped snapback. Yes. I noticed they were tacky too. But they were just used to hide my identity. I wouldn't want to go to a mutant school or get captured by the military. My powers were not flashy and kind of random though, so even if I didn't hide my face they wouldn't know it came from me. But this was just so I could face them head on. I got out of my changing room just as one of the gunmen walked into the store I was at.

"PUT YOUR ARMS ON YOUR HEAD!" he shouted at me.

I slowly followed his order while thinking to myself, "I wish this guy would be shoved out from the store through the entrance."

His body then got pulled out of nowhere through the entrance, as he got confused about what happened. Some people became curious and started to stand up.

"Hey! Please stay in your place!" I told them off, "It's still dangerous."

They obeyed me. I walked towards the gunmen while wishing in my head, "I wish his semiautomatic handgun would be broken into several pieces."

The gunmen panicked and asked me, "H-how did you do that? Who are you?"

"Did I do that though?" I mocked him, "Probably it's just karma working against you."

He ran towards me to take me down, until I wished him to be shoved away and be tangled with some Christmas lights on the nearby store. Because it seemed fun, I had an idea to play with him for a while. Next, I wished for a Christmas song to be played and for the Christmas lights to move his body along with the music.

"WHAT THE-"

Suddenly two of his friends popped out from the jewelry store. Just for precaution, I wished for all their bullets to fall 1 inch before hitting me. And as I predicted, they began shooting at me nonstop, which failed miserably. The robbers began to panic and started walking backward.

"How did you do that?" one of them asked.

"Do you really wanna see how?" I countered them.

They shook their head, not liking the idea. Obviously, I didn't care, as one of the guys went flying and stuck in one of the angel decorations on the ceiling, and one of them got hugged by three of the mannequins. The robbers all shouted and almost fainted. I was enjoying it too much I didn't notice two more of them walked out from the electronic shop. One of them was the boss. When I turned around to react, somebody tackled my feet and pinned me to the ground. Milliseconds later, I heard a gunshot and saw the display glass behind me shattered. I then saw the boss's hand got webbed up but also saw his henchman about to shoot. I quickly wish the ground below him to form a hole and trap him. As I was about to stand, I looked behind me and noticed Spider-Man's mask got scratched by the bullet. His left cheek started to form a red line and blood started coming down.