Chapter 2 - Familiar

"I guess we train you to be an Avenger so shield won't be on our asses." Tony said as everyone else agreed.

"Sure, but I'm already well trained as an Avenger." You said as everyone looked at you. You happened to glance over at Bucky who was in a corner watching you. He saw you looking and blushed looking away, you looked back to the team as they were talking among themselves.

"Oh and one more tiny thing, at some points I could switch into the person I am in this universe. So I might go all evil on you." You said as Tony groaned.

"I hate the you from this universe." He groaned as you laughed.

"The place I was in was like the damn Batcave." You chuckled as they looked at you confused.

"What the heck is a bat cave?" Clint asked as you chuckled and shook your head.

"Ask deadpool." You said as Tony rolled his eyes and groaned.

"Don't remind me of him." He said as you laughed. You saw Bucky walked off as you turned to Steve.

"How long ago did you rescue Bucky?" You asked as he looked sad.

"A year ago. I thought he would be better by now." He said sadly as you nodded.

"Maybe I can help a little." You suggested as he looked up to you.

"I've been in hydra plenty of times, so I know what it's like." You said as Steve nodded and smiled sadly.

"Is it ok if I go talk to him now? I'll just introduce myself and stuff, you guys can talk about avengers training or whatever." You said as Steve nodded and you left the group heading for where you knew Bucky would be, the roof. You went up as you looked at the familiar scenery and saw Bucky at the edge looking out.

"Hey." You said as he turned around and looked at you with wide eyes.

"You left early, just wanted to see if you were alright. And introduce myself better." You said smiling as he seemed to stare at you.

"I always come up here to clear my head, I mean in the other universes." You said as you stood beside him and looked out as his eyes were still trained on you. You felt his hand brush over your cheek as you looked at him in surprise. He flinched back as he looked away.

"S-Sorry..." He mumbled as you placed a hand on his shoulder, he looked at you slowly.

"It's ok I was just shocked." You said smiling as he just stared at you again.

"I've been in hydra a few times, so if you ever need anyone to talk to -"

"I know you." He cut you off as you looked at him confused.

"I u-used to dream about you, in Hydra. W-Well I think they were dreams, to me they were so real. I remember you so clearly." He said almost longingly.

"What do you remember?" You asked as he stepped closer, seeming to find comfort in your presence.

"I-I remember you being in hydra, none of their methods worked on you so they just kept you in a cell. Until one day they brought you to me and you were told to keep me in line and always obey." He said quietly as your eyes widened. How did he remember that?

"That was one of the universes I was in, I don't understand how you know that." You said as you searched for something in his eyes.

"In Hydra, that's all I hung onto. Those dreams and memories of you, I would hear your laugh and your voice all of the time. When I joined the Avengers they just said I was crazy and hallucinating. But I knew it was real, a-and now you're here." He said as you stared at him in shock. He slowly and cautiously reached out and touched your cheek.