Chapter 10: Dark memories

Start from the beginning

"We now have but one choice." They heard Gandalf and light came back as his wand began to shine. "We must face the long dark of Moria. Be on your guard. There are older and fouler things than orcs, in the deep places of the world. Quietly now. It's a four-day journey to the other side. Let us hope that our presence may go unnoticed." He said as he began to climb the stairs.

"Nesta!" called Legolas and looked at pale Nestarel. Nestarel gulped and took deep breaths, her lips were like a line. "I'm fine. let's go." she said and went after the others. Legolas watched her as she walked past him and climbed the stairs. She was not fine and he knew it. 

***

It was an hour that they were passing through the mines silently. The only light was the weak gleam that was coming from Gandalf's wand. The air was still most of the time. Things had gone worse for Nestarel. She felt like the walls were getting closer to her. She couldn't breathe well. Her head was pounding and her scar was painful. But that was not her problem for she was dealing with a greater one, memories. 

whenever they were passing through a tunnel she saw him coming toward her with his sword in his hand. His pale skin was obvious in the darkness. The images had gone worse and worse. She also could hear his harsh voice speaking in their ugly language. She had a fever although she was trembling from cold. Legolas was right behind her, watching her with worried eyes. 

They reached a junction in the road where they could go straight into a dark tunnel or turn right and continue the way. Gandalf turned and everyone followed him. Nestarel went after them, but just before she can turn, she saw a tall pale figure striding toward her with fast speed. She stopped in her tracks. Her heart was racing in her chest while she was seeing him coming right to her, to take her to that room.

"No!" she whispered desperately, shook her head hard and took a step back. Her back collided with something and she whipped around sharply only to meet Legolas worried eyes. "Nestarel!" he called her.

"I can't. I can't do this anymore." she said. "He is here. Bolg is here."  

Now everyone stopped and watched her shocked. Legolas grabbed her shoulders and tried to make her calm. "Nestarel, he is not here. your fear has blinded you. Bolg is dead. Do you not remember?" he said and shook her a little but it was hopeless. Her eyes were distant. She couldn't see him. Gandalf opened his way to Legolas and Nestarel quickly. Nestarel's eyes got fixed on something behind Legolas and became wide with fear. She began to gasp for air. "He is coming, He is everywhere," she said and grasped Legolas' tunic tightly in her fists and buried her head in his chest and began to sob. "Don't let him take me Legolas, please.

Legolas hugged her tight. "He is not here, Nestarel. I won't let anyone hurt you." he said trying to make her calm. Just then Gandalf reached them. "Gandalf!" said Legolas, unable to do anything. "Nestarel Umariel." said Gandalf firmly and turned Nestarel to him by force. "Look at me." but Nestarel couldn't see anything. She began to tussle in Legolas arms who kept her tight. Gandalf put his hand on her forehead and whispered a spell and then Nestarel closed her eyes and she would have fallen if Legolas had not held her tight. She was unconscious. Legolas quickly lifted her in his arms bridal style. Everyone was rooted in their places, shocked by what just happened.  

"What just happened?" asked Merry. Legolas looked at Gandalf. He was feeling sick. "It's all my fault." he said. "Don't be ridiculous," said Gandalf. "Come. There is an open area close to here. We will talk there." said Gandalf and walked ahead, his face was sad and grim. His heart was aching for seeing Nestarel like that. Soon they reached where Gandalf had told. Aragorn quickly put a blanket on the ground and Legolas placed Nestarel on it. Everyone gathered around her, all worry for her well being. Gandalf increased the light a bit.

Legolas took Nestarel's hand and looked at her. Her face was sweaty from her high fever but she was cold like ice. He quickly took off his cloak, fold it and placed it under her head. He then pulled out his own and her blankets and covered her slim body with them. 

Gandalf put his hand on her forehead and closed his eyes. After a few moments, he opened his eyes and sighed. "How is she?" asked Legolas. "It's the memories that are hurting her." answered Gandalf and shook his head sadly. . "Poor girl. It was the first time after a thousand years that she was in such dark mines again. We must have gussed."

"What memories?" asked Pippin but no one answered.

"Is she going to be fine?" asked Legolas. Gandalf nodded. "She will. It was only an attack. She will be fine when she wakes up." he said and Legolas became revealed a bit. "Stay with her, Legolas. She needs you more than any time now." he said and kindly patted Legolas' shoulder and then stood up. He turned to the others. "Give them a little space. Let her rest. Go." he shooed everyone away from Nestarel. Legolas squeezed Nestarel's hand and brought it to his lips and gently kissed it. He stroked her soft cheek. "I'm here, my love. Nothing can harm you. I promise." he whispered and in his eyes, Nestarel's face became softer. "Bolg is here. Don't let him take me, Legolas. Please." Nestarel's desperate cry filled his head and he clenched his fist angrily. He could go and kill Bolg a thousand times again if he was still alive. The foul creature who was the main reason of his love's nightmares, the orc who had ruined Nestarel's life.

----------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Well, what do you think? What are these memories? What Bolg has done? Follow Nestarel's story to know the truth. Don't forget to vote if you like the story.

Thanks

Ela:)