Scarlett's Thoughts

Start from the beginning

She grinned and walked out, making sure to sway her hips and make a show out of it. She remembered how it felt having him watch her walk away the first night they met. It made her feel powerful knowing this man wanted her. Even now when there were no secrets between them and he knew about even the unappealing sides to her he still wanted her.

That definitely made her feel great about herself. She knew she needed it considering the changes they were going through in the next couple of months.

"I heard their chocolate soufflé is amazing, the best there is."

Lucian chuckled, "Shouldn't you worry about the main course first?"

She glanced over her shoulder, "Do you actually know your wife?" She asked.

His eyes gleamed as he caught up with her, taking her hand in his, "I know my wife quite well. It's why I'm reminding her to worry about the main course first."

He smelled nice, the fresh scent of his cologne alluring and oh so tempting. She wanted to lean against him, feel his heath and fantasize about the things she knew he could do to her body. Take-out sounded really good right now.

When she was ready to suggest it the elevator doors slid open and Lucian tugged on her hand to remind her they needed to step in the car to actually head to the first floor. She awkwardly stepped in and stood beside him feeling her cheeks heat up with embarrassment.

"If you really want to have dessert first it's okay."

He thought she had been fantasizing about that chocolate goodness and he wouldn't be wrong if he mentioned it any other time. She loved desserts, it what helped her bond with his niece. Olivia didn't like her because she was together with her favorite uncle. It was hard for the little girl to trust her but now that she did and let her in they bonded over Olivia's love for baking.

She glanced at her husband. He was good with his nieces, they loved him and she knew he'd do anything for those girls. He was a great father too. Violet would get all fussy if he didn't pay attention to her. She always followed him with those big eyes, curious to know what he was up to. It was cute. She loved seeing them together.

There was nothing to worry about, she knew he was amazing at taking care of others. He had plenty of practice.

"You wouldn't mind?" She asked.

He met her gaze, "I'll have the steak and you can enjoy both our desserts."

She grabbed onto his arm and tightly held on, "I love you."

He found that highly amusing, she could tell by the gleam in his eyes and the twitching of his lips. He tried not to laugh at her because he knew she was serious about her confession. She might have said it jokingly but the words were still true.

"Love you too." He pressed a kiss to her temple.

***

Lucian didn't joke around. He told her she could enjoy dessert while he ate his steak and that is exactly what happened. When Scarlett glanced around she knew they might look odd to people, her enjoying two chocolate soufflés while her husband was enjoying his steak. She smiled, feeling incredibly happy when she heard Lucian laugh.

He knew they looked really odd too, but neither one of them would change it.

She met his gaze, noticing how happy he looked. She loved seeing that look on his face. Reaching across the table she placed her hand on top of his. Lucian looked surprised at first, but then he laced their fingers together, letting her know he was there for her.

"Want to try some?" She asked, flickering her eyes to her chocolate dessert which she almost polished off.

He chuckled, "No, you can enjoy it."

"I am enjoying it." She let him know, "Only you wouldn't find it weird that I want to eat dessert for dinner."

His eyes were still gleaming but the smirk that spread across his face made her wonder. She knew her husband well too, at least she liked to think so. He let her know that as his assistant at work she was always on top of her game. She could read him and provide him with whatever he wanted. So she wondered if he already knew why she was behaving oddly tonight.

"You're an adult, you don't have to tell anyone why you're eating what you're eating. That being said I do know you, Scarlett. You enjoy your food and if you're in the mood for some chocolate that's fine too."

"I might want to order in some pizza later."

He grinned, "Sure, that's fine too. Want some more water?" He asked, letting go of her hand and refilling her drink even though she didn't say anything yet.

He definitely knew. It was the look in his eyes which gave it away. The knowing smile confirmed it too.

"How is your wine?" She asked.

It was a question to test him, but he also figured that out. He always told her she was playful, always teasing him but he didn't know he was quite the same. It didn't always show because he was used to being the CEO of his family's business, turning off his professional mode was hard for him to do. But when he was her Lucian Starr he was quite playful too.

"It's rich and goes well with the steak." He offered her his glass, "Want to try?"

He knew.

She smirked, "You know I can't."

Lowering his glass he feigned ignorance, "Why can't you taste the wine?" He asked, "It won't ruin your dessert."

"You're worse than me."

He chuckled, attracting some eyes on him. He was handsome and she always appreciated how put together he was. She didn't mind others checking him out, she knew he only had eyes for her.

"Am I now?" He asked.

She straightened in her chair, clearing her throat ready to say out loud what they both knew already.

"I'm pregnant."

He reached across the table and brushed his fingers over her cheek. It was so gentle yet the affection which was clear in his eyes melted her right then and there. She wanted to hug him and feel his warmth surround her, but she stayed put. There was no way they'd make a scene at the restaurant where all eyes were on them.

She contained herself, happy with the affection he showed her already.

"We should really move forward with the plans for our house." He stated, "I'd like to settle in our new house before the baby is born."

"How long did you know?" She asked curiously.

He was right about the house and they already had their eye on a bigger house in town. It was quite expensive but she knew Lucian could afford it. It was spacious enough for them to have two more kids. Violet would have her own room too. That was almost settled already, so she wasn't worried.

"For about a week. We live and work together, I can see the changes in you."

"We do spend a lot of time together." She trailed off.

"That we do, but I can't say I'm growing tired of you."

She grinned, "I can't say that either. I love being around you."

"You're more outspoken about your feelings these days too. It's flattering."

"I just love you a lot." She stated, the serious look on her face making him laugh.

"Want to head home?"

She knew what he was suggesting and she needed that too. She wanted him to love her and show it to her. The thought of being in his arms made her restless. She needed it now. Nodding to his offer she collected her things while Lucian took care of the bill.

He might think it was because of the pregnancy that she was longing for his affection but she honestly felt so happy these days that she needed to have him closer.