𝖛𝖎𝖎. Inglourious Basterds

Start from the beginning

       Her evil dad puts his hand on her shoulder, his palm uncomfortably warm.

       "Obviously, Isabelle, you won't see the worst part of it all," he tells her, and he laughs again. Isabelle feels uncomfortable. "This is a safe place for you, and for me. I wouldn't have survived the wrath of the warring angels, have it not been for this grave..."

      Isabelle frowns. He can say that word?

       "If you want anything, though ­— just think of it, and it'll appear."

      So she thinks of her actual bedroom, weirdly missing it — and like that, the room turns into that, complete with the attached walk-in closet, even the zebra-print belt she left on the floor the night before. Isabelle feels so much better, but then, she sees her white walls morph and gain a stoney texture, and she's reminded of the chargrilled castle walls. Gross...

       But, she reminds herself, this place is trying to fuck with you.

       "Is there anything else you want? It'll appear."

       Isabelle thinks it through. She hasn't had dinner yet...

       "Pizza," she says, in all honesty. "Like, Dominoes."

       A table appears in the middle of the room, with a large pizza on top.

       "Oh my gosh," says Isabelle. She takes a bite out of one slice. Part of her remembers that thing about eating fairy food but she thinks, fuck it. "This is amazing." She leans against the table, eating her pizza. Plain with pineapple. Her favourite. She quickly reminds herself this place is fucking with you, Iz. "You can, like, make anything appear?"

       He nods. "Except for living people — well," he says, and he laughs again. "I can make living people appear, but once they're sent to hell, they can't get back. But you, my Isabelle, are different. You can walk from hell to heaven and you wouldn't feel a thing... Well. Those guys might get annoyed—" He points upwards. Isabelle giggles. "—but you could do it."

       "I thought you could say their names?" she says.

       "Yeah, but they get all pissy about it," says her dad.

       Isabelle frowns. "That's annoying."

       "But I can say the words," he says. "I know you can't."

        Isabelle shakes her head. She eats another slice of pizza.

       "Would you like to?" he asks.

       This place is fucking with you.

       She frowns. "It would be nice..." she says, trailing off. "I mean, sometimes it's a little annoying when I've got to skip, like, every school day we have a service." She shrugs, or at least, she tries to shrug it off, pretending like it doesn't annoy her as much as it really does. "I'm used to it, though. I'm all right."

       "If you ever want to..."

       This place is fucking with you.

       Isabelle stands up, leaving the rest of the pizza.

       "Can I see more of hell?" she asks. "Who's down here? Anyone I know?"

        "Oh, no, you can't see them," he says, shaking his head. He smiles again, and Isabelle raises an eyebrow. She wants to see a murderer... She wonders which presidents are down here, ooooh, she can already imagine how excited Riley and Nate are gonna get... "But I can show you, hm, some of the souls I've gained..."