Epilogue

Klayton ran as fast as he could down Main, it was past eleven and there weren't any festivals going on so the street was entirely quiet except for that Irish pub full of drunkards. He saw a pair of headlights and dove right into the alley behind the BBQ Smokehouse. The darkness that piled through the alley way trapped Klayton with only a few feet between him and a hooded being.

   "Give up, Son of Adam. For the time hast now come for thy end." The being's voice like the thunder itself.

  "My end?" Klayton panted."I think you guys got the wrong guy." He added a bit of a smirk though fully knowing how dire the situation was.

   "No, we do. Give it to us and we will bless you with a quick and honorable death, lie to us and you die painfully and pitifully."The being sounded annoyed and Klayton relished that for a moment.

  "Mmm, I don't know what you're talking about." Klayton played dumb despite the warning from the being.

  "You lie!" It hissed.

   "Of course,I'm human,"Klayton shouted at it," my family has been human for the past two centuries. We gave up our immortality, our gifts, our beauty to protect your people. Now all you do is poison the world you live in, in hopes that you can control it. So no, I will die before I give that damned arrowhead to you!"

  "You will give it to us, Son of Adam, and your family will pay a hundred fold for what they've done."

"I won't."Klayton defiantly stuck out his chin.

"Then you shall die."

  There was an agonizing pain that shot into Klayton's abdomen and he let out a yell. Looking down, he saw the hilt of a throwing dagger protruding out with crimson red flowers blooming onto his yellow hoodie. Then the world began to spin and Klayton fell to his knees and clutching is abdomen. Red now dripping on the concrete, his eyes began to well. The being raised its hood and silver-like hair fell down with skin pale like the moon.

  "Farewell, Son of Adam." It said before being swallowed up by the shadows and departed.

   Klayton saw everything as hazy and he felt himself go out of focus a coupe time. There was a ringing in his ears, but he was able to still hear the music coming from the pub. Despite all that he knew that he was dying, he knew that quite well for the knife that was inside of him was no ordinary one. So with all his might, Klayton crawled to a wall and sat down. Taking a moment's rest he then gripped the hilt of the dagger and yelled in agony as he pulled it out. Pools and pools of blood circled him and there was no stopping what was coursing through his veins, nor what was pouring out of him in rivers.

  " Por favor cuida a mi hermano y mi madre." He whispered, and in smiling he reached for the heavens. And he saw a beautiful light and heard wondrous music; he reached further and further until he could not do so anymore. 

***********************************************************************************************

  Hi there and I am Just _another04! I'm pleased to introduce myself and to make your acquaintance. Um, by the way this is my first ever story that I've actually had the nerve to share, so, yeah this is something incredibly new to me. I don't really have an uploading schedule, i just started high school so I'll try to settle in there before i make any arrangements on uploading. Please note that, yes, this is all pure fiction but  where the setting is located is a real place and any and all things happen in this story are all purely coincidental