𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

𝐒𝐚𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐞

———✰———

She tossed and turned that night. Lucy couldn't sleep and as she turned, she saw a shadow of a person and a glint of pink through the flap in her tent-making Lucy realise that it was Aurelia making the little girl call her sister "Susan!"

The girl woke up and spotted Aurelia as well making them get up and creep out of her tent wondering where she was going. They dart behind the trees trying to be secretive, but it didn't work.

"Shouldn't you girls be in bed," Aurelia asked softly as she turned to the tree the two sisters were standing behind.

"We couldn't sleep" Lucy excused.

"Please, Aurelia. Couldn't we come with you?" Susan asked the girl.

"I would be glad for the company, thank you" she agreed, and the sisters ran up to her on either side and grabbed her hands the three walked for a while until Aurelia stopped and said "It is time. From here, I must go on my own"

"But Aurelia" Susan started.

"Trust me. This is what has to be done. Thank you, Susan and Lucy Pevensie. And farewell." Aurelia spoke with a hint of sadness before the girls walked off and watched Aurelia walk to the stone table.

The witch's followers held torches and jeered at the girl who walked calmly and didn't lose her composure and stopped in front of the stone table. "Behold. The great protector" the witch mocked.

One of the cyclops poked her with his axe but she barely flinched and Ginarrbrik mocked her "No one protects you, do they?" but he stopped with the sharp look she gave him.

"Why doesn't she fight back?" Lucy questioned Susan but her older sister only shrugged also confused at how easily the girl could've probably taken them with her magic or she could just disappear in her cloud of pink.

"Bind her!" the witch ordered and some of the creatures grabbed her and pushed her on her back onto the stone table and the creatures jeered tie her up. "Get her!" and her hands were tied behind her back.

"Bring her to me" the witch ordered and the girl was brought to her and unties her arms before she was pushed down on her back at the stone table by the witches feet and retied at her feet and hands so she was spread out slightly in a sacrificial fashion and the witch bent down near her ear.

"You know, Aurelia, I'm a little disappointed in you. Did you honestly think by all this you could save the little human traitor? You are giving me your life and saving no one. So much for love." She chuckled maliciously and stood up to address the crowd "Tonight the deep magic will be appeased! But tomorrow, we will take Narnia forever!" the creatures started banging their feet and sticks to create daunting music "In that knowledge, despair" Aurelia made eye contact the girls "and die!"

The witch plunged the knife into the girl's heart making her eyes widen in pain before her eyes shut and a single tear rolled out before the two Pevensie girls started sobbing as they felt her death in their hearts as if she were a part of them.

"The great protector is dead!" the crowd started cheering and the witch turned to one of the generals "General. Prepare your troops for battle. However short it may be"

———✰———

Later once the witches crowd had dispersed the girl walked up to where Aurelia looked as if she could have been asleep. Lucy started to unscrew her healing cordial, but Susan stopped her and said "It's too late. She's gone. She must have known what she was doing"

Lucy buried her face in her stomach as if looking for comfort and Susan laid down opposite Lucy before they heard nibbling making them both look up and see mice nibbling at the rope that was tying her down "Get away! Get away, all of you!" Susan shouted but the mice ignored her.

"No. Look." Lucy pointed out that the mice were eating through the bonds tying her down.

"We have to tell the others," Susan told Lucy sounding regretful.

"We can't just leave her!" Lucy exclaimed shocked at what her sister suggested.

"Lucy, there's no time. They need to know" Susan insisted.

"The trees" Lucy recalled.

———✰———

The wind blew petals into Aslan's camp and the boys' tent waking Peter who drew his sword in fear awakening Edmund in the process as a Dyrad formed out of the petals.

"Be still, my princes. I bring grave news from your sisters." The dyrad calmed the boys before telling her the news of their protector being dead.

———✰———

Peter walked out of Aurelia's tent and over to where Edmund, Aslan and Oreius announcing "She's right. She's gone" making the others look down in sadness although Aslan had a hopeful glint in his eye hoping that their plan would have worked.

"You will have to lead them, Peter. There's an army out there and it's waiting for your command" Aslan spoke up.

"I can't" Peter disagreed.

"Aurelia believed you could. So do I." Edmund reminded his brother.

"The witches army is nearing, sire. What are your orders?" Oreius spoke up.