𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

Start from the beginning

As Aslan finished his sentence, he and Aurelia shared a look making Aurelia disappear in a cloud of blossom.

———✰———

"The minotaurs will take the left flanks. We'll keep the giants in reserve and send the dwarves in first" A general of the witches spoke as Aurelia arrived in front of Edmund somehow going unnoticed.

"Edmund Pevensie, you have gotten yourself into quite a mess, haven't you?" Aurelia asked rhetorically as she ungagged the boy before she moved behind the tree to untie him.

"Ah! The prisoner!" one of the witches soldiers shouted pointed at the two causing the attention to go to the two.

Aurelia extended her hand to the boy who immediately took it making the blonde magical being smile. "Do you trust me?" Aurelia spoke making Edmund look over to the witches soldiers who were running closer to them before he looked back over to her and nodded quickly making her smile widen then close your eyes and hold on the boy did as he was told and gripped onto the older blondes hand tighter before he felt a rush of wind in his face and a floating feeling invade his body before he felt his feet be planted onto soft grass making his eyes open to reveal Aslan's camp.

He looked up at the girl in awe to see she was already smiling at him before she led him to Aslan.

———✰———

Peter emerged from his tent and saw Aurelia who gestured up to where he saw two figures one belonging to Aslan and the other belonged to his brother making him smile at there protector in pink. Susan and Lucy emerged from their tent and saw that Peter and Aurelia were staring at something to which they followed their line of sight to see Aslan and Aurelia. "Edmund!" Lucy shouted making him look over to her before she tried to go over there but was stopped, Aurelia.

The two who were once talking walked over to the four.

"What's done is done. There is no need to speak to Edmund about what is past" Aslan spoke before he and Aurelia walked away leaving the siblings to talk.

"Hello" Edmund greeted anxiously, looking down at the ground but Lucy engulfed him in a hug quickly followed by Susan making Edmund look relieved.

"Are you alright?" Susan gently asked the boy.

"I'm a little tired" Edmund confessed.

"get some sleep" Peter ordered making Edmund slump and start to walk away and Edmund he called his brother back "And Ed, try not to wander off" Edmund smiled brightly before he walked to his tent that he shared with Peter.

———✰———

Later the four children sat around a low table eating the toast that Aurelia had given them once Edmund had changed and told her he hadn't eaten.

"Narnia's not going to run out of toast, Ed," Lucy said slightly giggling at the rate he was eating the toast.

"I'm sure they'll pack something up for the journey back," Peter said making his sibling smiles drop.

"we're going home?" Susan asked sounding slightly upset.

"You are. I promised mum I'd keep you three safe. But it doesn't mean I can't stay behind and help" Peter told them.

"But they need us. All four of us" Lucy contradicted.

"Lucy, it's too dangerous. You almost drowned! Edmund was almost killed!" Peter reminded the group.

"Which is why we have to stay" Edmund spoke up making his siblings look at him "I've seen what the white witch can do. And I've helped her do it. And we can't leave these people behind to suffer for it" as he spoke Lucy held his hand in comfort.

"Well, I suppose that's it then," Susan said as she rose from the floor.

"Where are you going?" Peter asked her as she walked over to the rock her bow and quiver was leaning on.

"To get some practice" She walked away with Lucy following her.

———✰———

The two girls were in front of the shooting target. Susan shot another arrow which just missed the centre making her sigh before a dagger shot the middle of the target making Susan turn to see Lucy grinning before Edmund and Peter riding their horses or in Peters case unicorn as they practised there sword fighting.

"Come on, Ed! Sword points up like Oreius said" Peter ordered.

"En garde!" Edmund called out playfully.

"now block" Peter called out.

"hey!" Edmund shouted before Mr Beaver came running to the siblings.

"Peter! Edmund!" He called out gaining the sibling's attention.

"Whoa, horsey" Edmund stopped his horse who spoke "My Name if Phillip" making the boys eyes widen before he apologised "oh. Sorry"

"The witch demanded a meeting with Aslan and Aurelia. She's on her way here." Beaver told them making their eyes widen.

The siblings and the rest of the camp were crowded around Aslan's tent waiting for the witch to arrive.

"Jadis, the queen of Narnia" Ginarrbrik called out as he split the crowd like the red sea and the witch was being carried by two cyclops as she sat on the chair.

"Go away, witch!" a voice called out but Ginarrbrik carried on "empress of the Lone Islands!"

"You don't belong here! Go away!" another voice shouted out as Jadis was set down and walked towards Aslan and Aurelia.

"You have a traitor in your midst" The queen spoke to the two referring to Edmund and making the queen gasp.

"His offence was not to you" Aurelia defended the boy calmly.

"Have you forgotten the laws upon which Narnia was built?" the witch said to them.

"Do not cite the deep magic to us, witch. We were there when it was written" Aslan retorted.

"Then you'll remember well that every traitor belongs to me. His blood is my property" The witch told the two who were getting annoyed with the woman.

"Try and take him then," Peter said stepping forward and drawing his sword protectively.

The witch turned to look at him and said "Do you think that mere force will deny me my right little king? Aslan knows that unless I have blood, as the law demands" she turned to the rest of the crowd "all of Narnia will be overturned and perish in fire and water." She pointed at Edmund who cowered slightly "That boy will die on the stone table as tradition. You dare not refuse me."

"Enough" Aurelia spoke up seeing how the Pevensies all looked frightened "we shall talk witch you alone"

The three went into the tent leaving the others to spend their time twiddling the grass in bored anticipation but eventually, the witch threw the flaps of the tent causing everyone to stand as she walked back to her seat pausing to look, Edmund. But was distracted by Aslan and Aurelia walking out of the tent.

"She has renounced her claim on the son of Adams blood" as Aslan finished there sentence the crowd started cheering and the Pevensies all hugged.

"How will I know your promise will be kept?" the witch asked looking mainly at Aurelia, but Aslan roared in the witches face angrily making the white witch sit down in shock which caused the crowd to cheer and celebrate as she left.

But as Lucy turned to look at Aurelia, she noticed how sad she looked and how Aslan was looking at her with the same sadness before Aurelia walked off but before she could question it she got dragged back into the celebration.