𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

Start from the beginning

"you don't know, do you?" Mr Beaver asked shocked.

"well, we haven't exactly been here very long," Peter told him sheepishly.

"well, he's only the king of the whole wood. The top geezer. The real king of Narnia" as Beaver finished his sentence Edmund pulled a displeased face before he walked away.

"he's been away for a long while" Mrs Beaver added "and Aurelia's been gone even longer she only comes when certain people are in Narnia. Like you four"

"but he's just got back! And he's waitin for you near the stone table!" Beaver exclaimed with excitement.

"he's waiting for us?" Lucy piped up as she and her siblings shared bewildered looks.

"you're blooming joking! They don't even know about the prophecy!" Beaver told his wife as if the children weren't even there

"well, then" Mrs Beaver sighed in astonishment.

"look. Aslan and Aurelia's return, Tumnus arrest, the secret police, it's all happening because of you!" Mr Beaver exclaimed.

"you're blaming us? Susan spoke up defensively.

"no! not blaming. Thanking you!" Mrs Beaver told her happily.

"there's a prophecy" Mr Beaver started "when Adams flesh and Adam's bone sits at Cair Paravel in throne, the evil time will be over and done."

"you know that doesn't really rhyme." Susan pointed out.

"yeah, I know it don't, but you're kinda missin' the point!" Beaver yelled irritated.

"It has been long foretold that two sons of Adam and two daughters of Eve will defeat the white witch and restore peace to Narnia." Mrs Beaver explained to them in a much calmer voice than the one her husband was using.

"And you think we're the ones?" Peter asked in shock and worry.

"well, you'd better be, cause Aslan's already fitted out your army!" Mr Beaver told him.

"Our Army?" Lucy asked in a panic.

"mum sent us away so we wouldn't get caught in a war," Susan said mainly to her older brother.

"I think you've made a mistake. We're not heroes!" Peter told them with a frown on his face.

"we're from Finchley" Susan exclaimed her voice getting slightly hysterical.

"hmm?" Mr Beaver hummed in confusion as to where Finchley was and what it had to do with anything.

"thank you for your hospitality. But we really have to go." Susan thanked as she, Peter and Lucy started to rise from their seats.

"no, you can't just leave." Mr Beaver protested.

"he's right. We have to help" Mr Tumnus Lucy agreed.

" it's not in our hands. I'm sorry, but its time the four of us were getting home" Peter apologised before he turned to the stairs that Edmund had been sat on only to see he wants anywhere in sight "Ed? Ed?" he carried on until he realised his brother had run off and turned to Susan saying "I'm gonna kill him"

"you may not have to." Beaver spoke up gaining their attention "has Edmund ever been to Narnia" before he spoke darkly as the siblings shared scared and shocked looks.

———✰———

Whilst Edmund was making his way to the Witches castle his siblings and Beaver were on his tail, the group was running as fast as they could because Edmund was either never going to leave the castle or he was going to freeze to death in there with the lack of coat he had left at the Beavers dam.

"Hurry!" Peter shouted as they ran up the hill.

The group had finally made it to the top of the hill and watched Edmund going through the witch's gates to her castle in the distance.

"Edmund!" Lucy shouted after him but before she could do it again Beaver stopped her "Shh! They'll hear ya!" Peter ignored what he said and tried to run after his little brother but Beaver held onto him by the sleeve of his coat pulling him back. "no!"

"get off me!" Peter yelled as he shook Beaver off of him.

"you're playing into her hands," Beaver told the eldest Pevensie.

"We can't let him go!" Susan argued with the Beaver.

"he's our brother!" Lucy exclaimed agreeing with her siblings.

"he's the bait! The witch wants all four of ya!" Beaver explained.

"why?" Peter asked looking away from the gates his brother had just entered and to the beaver.

"to stop the prophecy from coming true! The witch wants all four of ya!" Beaver said only getting horrified looks from the children.

"This is all your fault" Susan spoke up turning to her brother.

"My Fault?" Peter said in shock not understanding how Susan could already put the blame on him.

"none of this would have happened if you had just listened to me in the first place" Susan shouted her explanation.

"oh, so you knew it would happen?" Peter questioned her still sounding shocked.

"I didn't know what would happen. Which is why we should have left we still could!" Susan told him still yelling.

"stop it! This isn't going to help Edmund" Lucy interrupted her older siblings.

"she's right. Only Aslan can save your brother now." Beaver agreed with Lucy.

"then take us to him," Peter said strongly before they turned and watched the gates close behind Edmund.