i. the one where they're just friends

♡

"i don't want to be single, okay? i just-i just-i just wanna be married again!" the man with clearly too much gel in his hair named ross, complained to his group of friends as they all sat around the coffee table. as the frowning man that had recently found out his wife was a lesbian stared into his coffee, a soaking bride had walked into the coffee shop looking around frantically.
"and i just want a million dollars!" the awkward and sarcastic man named chandler, joked as he reached his arm out towards the door in which the bride had just come in from.
"rachel?" the blue-eyed, raven-haired woman named monica, asked recognizing the wet bride.
"oh god monica hi! thank god! i just went to your building and you weren't there and then this guy with a big hammer said you might be here and you are, you are!" the woman in the wedding dress that fit her perfectly explained excitedly.
"okay, everybody, this is rachel, another lincoln high survivor. this is everybody, this is chandler, and phoebe, and joey, and evelyn, and- you remember my brother ross?"
everyone smiled and greeted rachel.
"hi sure!"
"hi"
as ross went up to rachel, ross's umbrella sprung open ruining any chance he had at hugging her.
"nice one ross," evelyn smirked and winked at him as she was sat on the arm rest of the armchair joey was sitting in.
chandler smiled and admired the blonde's witty humor as she was one of the few people in their friend group that he could bounce jokes off with.
"so you wanna tell us now, or are we waiting for four wet bridesmaids?" monica asked rachel as she had not explained why she had walked through the rain into a cafe wearing a wedding dress.
"oh god, well, it started about a half hour before the wedding. i was in the room where we were keeping all the presents, and i was looking at this gravy boat. this really gorgeous lamauge gravy boat. when all of a sudden-sweet 'n' lo?-i realized that i was more turned on by this gravy boat than by barry! and then i got really freaked out, and that's when it hit me: how much barry looks like mr. potato head. y'know, i mean, i always knew he looked familiar, but, anyway, i just had to get out of there, and i started wondering 'why am i doing this, and who am i doing this for?'. so anyway i just didn't know where to go, and i know that you and i have kinda drifted apart, but you're the only person i knew who lived here in the city," rachel explained to the group frantically and still processing the escape from her own wedding.
"who wasn't invited to the wedding," monica brought up while everyone else looked at her wide-eyed.
"ooh, i was kinda hoping that wouldn't be an issue," rachel responded with a optimistic smile.

"daddy, i just, i can't marry him! i'm sorry. i just don't love him. well, it matters to me!" rachel explained to her father while still wearing her wedding dress in the kitchen; the rest of the group was watching tv in the living room in a language they couldn't even understand.
"look daddy, it's my life. well maybe I'll just stay here with monica and her roomate evelyn!" rachel stood up to her father without even thinking about what the two had to say about it.
"well, I guess we've established who's staying here with monica and evelyn," monica sarcastically announced to the group.
"i hope she doesn't mind my overnight guests, considering she'll be getting the room with the thinnest walls," evelyn announced loudly enough for rachel to hear, with a smirk on her face as she played with joey's hair who's head was in her lap and his legs on phoebe's lap.
chandler simply just smiled at the blonde while she stared down at joey and then back up at the tv.
"well, maybe that's my decision. well, maybe I don't need your money. wait! wait, i said maybe!" rachel took back as her father had already hung up on her.
"but actually rach, you can stay with us. i know how hard it is to move into the city not really knowing anyone," evelyn sympathized to the runaway bride as the bride came over to the living room with everyone else.
"well how did you end up living with monica?" rachel asked in an unintentional rude tone.
"well i'm actually from philly, i needed a roommate in new york because i knew that apartments would be expensive and monica happened to have a spare room. moving in was hell though because monica kept freaking out every time the movers left something in the middle of the kitchen," evelyn explained while giving monica dirty looks, who was sitting in her apartment's armchair throughout the story.
"oh i remember the day i moved in with chandler," joey brought up smiling at evelyn while she smiled back.
"why are you guys looking at each other like that? what happened?" rachel asked enthusiastically while her dress wet the rug beneath her as she sat down on it.
"well i was bringing my boxes into the apartment and then she invited me inside for some lemonade," joey began as he sat up from evelyn's lap.
"i said lemonade, nothing else. just lemonade," evelyn pointed out preparing the group for what was going to come next from the story.
"oh you so meant more than just lemonade," joey teased her as he put his arm around her.
"anyways, i'm making the lemonade, talking about how good the building is, i finish, turn around, and there's joey completely naked in our living room," evelyn laughed while giving joey love eyes every time she glanced back at him during the story.
"well did you guys do anything after?" ross asked the two impatiently.
"that, is never to be revealed," joey joked to the group making it pretty obvious as to what happened next. everyone but chandler laughed at the story while also being shocked as to what they were just told.
chandler just looked at the two in what one may call jealousy, but to him he was just falling in love.