The CERN Revelation: Ch. 4,5,6

CHAPTER FOUR

Computer Center. Room 513. CERN. Geneva. Day One.

The sun reflected off the Jura Mountains and through the two-story glass wall of the computer hub at CERN, bathing the room in white light.

One entire wall of the room was comprised of computer monitors stacked three high, one atop of another. Men in swivel chairs rolled their way between screens with the agility of ballet dancers.

Above the main floor was a visitor's gallery where the public watched in amazement while just a few technicians ran the ten billion dollar machine.

Through close collaboration with leading industrial partners, CERN acquired early access to technology that was still years from the general computing market. In return, CERN scientists pushed those new technologies to their limits.

* * *

Five men huddled around the twenty-seven inch monitor. Numbers scrolled down the screen at a mind-numbing pace. Several minutes went by before the program stopped running.

"What do you think of that, Blomvest?" Doctor Javitz asked, poking a finger at the screen. Javitz was the lead scientist on the (CMS) detector at CERN. He was a driven man, not well-liked, but respected. In order to pursue his quest for recognition, fame, and glory he had given up on marriage. He had narrowed the scope of his life and placed a singular emphasis on his work, leaving him in a very precarious position emotionally and spiritually. Javitz was not prepared to remain mired on the side of the dedicated but nameless scientists who laid the ground work for others.

No one answered Javitz. The other three looked at each other, then at him.

"Where is Blomvest?" Javitz questioned, more concerned with Blomvest's findings than with finding the man.

"I thought..." Marcus began.

"He could not have just...," André said.

"Vanished?" Phillip asked.

"First Riemann, then Abrams, and now Blomvest?" André considered. "And all in the course of one week. What forces are at work here?"

"We must inform the governments of our respective countries," Marcus said, "and the administration here."

"Inform them of what?" Javitz asked. "We do not know if anything has happened to them. Maybe they took leave to visit family. Maybe they are sick, or just out for a stroll.

"I am afraid we may have unleashed forces here that are now out of our control," Phillip warned.

"Nonsense!" Javitz refuted. "Our work takes precedent over all other consider-ations. We are expendable."

"You say this philosophically," André argued, his French accent coating his words, "but what is happening here is not theoretical; it is real. Look at the screen! See for yourself!"

The two arguing scientist turned back to observe the computer monitor.

On the screen was an e-mail message: "Do not allow the Collider to exceed 3.5 TeV. Doing so will result in the production of anti-particles which will transmit information backward in time. That which receives the information may be given the four-dimensional space / time location of the source of power. In order to produce this message, we were forced to use thirteen micrograms of anti-matter. That is the sum total of a decade's worth of production. No further correspondence is possible. Be warned, you are dealing in realms you do not under-stand, bringing forth consequences you cannot comprehend."