Ready, aim, shoot

Isabelle stopped struggling, and that’s when her soul left her body. She died, thinking it was Rebecca who killed her.

I woke up screaming and found Brooke standing by the hallway with a worried expression on her face. Without saying another word, I rushed to my car to make my way to Helen’s house.

I knocked at her door with all of the energy I have. After about a minute, Helen opened the door with disappointment and confusion plastered on her face. “Well, well, well, look who’s here,” Helen said with a fake smile.

I approached Helen and started choking her. “Where’s Cecelia, Helen?” I asked her and watched as her eyes widen at my question. Suddenly, she took out a gun from the back of her jeans, aiming it at me.

I took a few steps backwards, without thinking, she released a bullet. Before the bullet touched me, I held it with my fingers watching her as her face turned pale, her jaw almost hitting the floor.

I entered the house and headed to Brooke’s bedroom. I heard her saying a chant, but as soon as my foot hit the door, making a creaking sound, she stopped. I made my way into her room with a bewildered expression. “Mom!” She gasped and sat on a piece of wood (Planchette).

I walked over to Brooke, and held her hands. Suddenly, I found her hugging me like she never did before. “Are you okay?” I asked her with concern, and gave her hand a kiss before I noticed a bruise on her wrist.

I stared at her for a couple of seconds before removing her hair away from her face to get a better view of the bruise on her neck.

I looked at her straight in the eye, before I said a word, her eyes revealed everything.